Accepted Solution

OSX Snow Leopard - Extreme Firewire Reader

Hi All,

I recently purchased the ScanDisk Extreme Firewire Reader and I am trying to use it with a 2009 MacPro running OSX 10.6.2 Snow Leopard and an 8GB Scandisk Extreme CF Card. The reader is plugged into a FW 800 port using the cable that shipped with the reader. The blue light is on. So far I have not been able to mount the disk and I can not access the images on the card. I can however access the images if I keep the card in the camera and plug in the camera itself. i have tried multiple Firewire cables including one that I know works with other Firewire devices. Does anyone know if this reader is actually compatible with Snow Leopard? Any advice or help would be appreciated.

Thanks

-Aaron 

Re: OSX Snow Leopard - Extreme Firewire Reader

Also, I am not seeing the reader show up in Windows 7 either.

This issue has not been resolved. has anyone else had these problems? I contacted support but so far they have been no help. I received a clearly canned response about powered USB ports and devices. Obviously, since I have a Firewire reader that would be of little use to me.

I have not had to deal with ScanDisk before but it is becoming pretty clear that they aren't very customer friendly. 

Have you used system profilers for both systems to see if they are seen by the OSes?

I have read a couple of time of faulty readers, free exchange due to under warrenty. 

Thanks for information)
Message Edited by Travis21 on 04-12-2010 03:48 AM

I'm having the same problem. My reader has been rock solid for over 2 years now without a single hiccup. I have just upgraded to Snow Leopard, and I'm getting error messages, or the system will not recognise the card.  I have a SD/CF Sandisk USB reader that is working just fine however is is SLOW......
Message Edited by Panicman on 05-31-2010 01:21 PM