Re: Mini-CD will get stuck in my Macbook Pro

@studiolaurent wrote:

I actually got the full size disk of the installation CD Version 4.0 of RescuePRO Deluxe with my Extreme FireWire Reader purchase but when I insert the disk in my new 24-inch iMac 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Extreme, nothing happens!!!... The autorun feature doesn't work and if I try and double click the icon and go into the install folder or the Mac folder to double click one of the .exe file, it opens the file in TextEdit instead of installing the software.

Any idea on how to fix this??

Thank you. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

.exe files are used in windows only. there should be a .bin file on the cd as well. i think it is named rescueproinstaller.bin or something similar. you need to use stuffit to open the .bin file. once the .bin file has been uncompressed you should see a .dmg file which the installer for MAC. then just double click the .dmg file and follow the installation instructions. 
Message Edited by drlucky on 04-09-2008 03:03 PM

Thanks DrLucky!!.... That worked beautifully :smileyhappy:

I have the same problem. On a macbook pro, and I can't install the software because of the mini cd. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

@dessak wrote:
I have the same problem. On a macbook pro, and I can't install the software because of the mini cd. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
contact sandisk technical support 866-sandisk they will mail you a full size cd.

Maybe sandisk should also host the installer of recue pro just like the sansa media converter... just a thought.

I just inserted the mini disc in my husband's macbook and its stuck Smiley Frustrated  How Do I Get It OUT!!????  Its really important that I get it out ASAP!  Thanks in advance for any help

Try this (since it is small disk).

Hold the MB with slot facing down.

Now use your hand and hit it from bottom.  That should cause the disk to slide out a bit.

You can also try hitting the EJECT button to help it along, as long as slot is downward.