Mini-CD will get stuck in my Macbook Pro

I recently received a SanDisk Extreme USB 2.0 Reader with the RescuePro software on a mini-CD. I've read many reports of these getting stuck in the drives of Apple's laptops.

I tried contacting SanDisk e-mail support two weeks ago and, instead of a solution, was sent to the customer support area of the Web site with a user name and password. Once I got logged in there I was asked for a mailing address, which I provided, and the case was closed. However, I never got the regular-sized disc at that address.

Is there any way to just download the RescuePro software from the site? Or have it e-mailed to me in an attachment? This is a very frustrating experience for me and I'm just trying to be preemptive. I'm glad I'm not having a real problem with the reader or I would be almost three weeks behind by now.

Help?

Eric Beavers
Whitfield County Schools
ebeavers@whitfield.k12.ga.us
(706) 217-6724

Re: Mini-CD will get stuck in my Macbook Pro

Eric,

Please check your email.

If I got an e-mail it got swallowed up by the spam filter. IT has been doing some work on filters today so the digital ether may have vanished your reply. Please try again at my personal address, beelers@beelers.org, and maybe we'll have better luck. Thanks!

Hello, I am having the same issue with my macbook. What are my options for installing the software when the mini CD won't work in my drive?
Thanks, Kurt

stepnit1@msu.edu

if you contact sandisk tech support they can burn it to a cd and mail it to you. 866-sandisk

btw i would not post my personal email on a furum. good way to get lots of spam.

Thanks doc, for both tips.

I actually got the full size disk of the installation CD Version 4.0 of RescuePRO Deluxe with my Extreme FireWire Reader purchase but when I insert the disk in my new 24-inch iMac 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Extreme, nothing happens!!!... The autorun feature doesn't work and if I try and double click the icon and go into the install folder or the Mac folder to double click one of the .exe file, it opens the file in TextEdit instead of installing the software.

Any idea on how to fix this??

Thank you. 

Does the cd work in any other computers? It's possible that the disk is bad.

Yes, it does. As soon as I inserted the CD in my Dell laptop, it ran and asked me if I wanted to run Rescue Pro or Install it. I was able to install without problem on my Dell laptop. But I really would prefer to install it on my iMac as this is where I do my photo post-processing. Any other ideas??