Highlighted
Accepted Solution

ExtremeVI Reader with other cards

Hi everyone, I am thinking of buying the SanDisk Extreme VI Reader with a 4G card. However, I also have a 4G Ultra II card.
Can I use the Extreme VI Reader + Firewire 800 to download from the Ultra II card? If so, will it be much quicker than using a standard USB reader?

Extreme III are on a 40% discount at the moment, is there much advantage in buying these cards to use with an Extreme VI reader?

Many thanks

Another Design

Re: ExtremeVI Reader with other cards

It will work, and it may be faster than a regular reader, but there a lot of things it depends on.  I would say it probably won't be any slower.

Re: ExtremeVI Reader with other cards

@AnotherDesign wrote:
Hi everyone, I am thinking of buying the SanDisk Extreme VI Reader with a 4G card. However, I also have a 4G Ultra II card.
Can I use the Extreme VI Reader + Firewire 800 to download from the Ultra II card? If so, will it be much quicker than using a standard USB reader?

Extreme III are on a 40% discount at the moment, is there much advantage in buying these cards to use with an Extreme VI reader?

Many thanks

Another Design
Wow when did SanDisk come out with the Extreme 6 (VI) reader? It's gotta be super fast.