Extreme reader slow on Win 7 / SSD

I have recently installed Win 7 (Home Premium 64 bits) on an new SSD drive. My Extreme Reader still functions but it reads much slower than it did with Vista on a regular harddisk, way to slow. Is this a win 7 thing or is it related to the ssd drive? Anyone got the same experience?

Re: Extreme reader slow on Win 7 / SSD

I have the same problem!!!  This is crazy.  I installed apparently the best operating system (Windows 7 professional 64 bit) and put 3 brand new SSD drives in a raid.  The card reader is so slow I might as well use a usb card reader that I can buy for $15.  Don't know what to do.  Did not have this problem when I used vista 64bit and was using a 6 year old archaic hard drive.

Someone out there in SanDisk land please help us!!

a card reader should not be affected in any way by what storage device your computer is using. the two do not function on the same bus so i dont think the issue is related to the ssd. can you post some benchmark results as well as what type of cards you are using. also is the the extreme USB or Extreme Firewire reader? if it is firewire you may want to try updating the driver. just let windows search and see if it finds a newer driver. I have seen a few reports on here that was an issue with some other people using win 7 and fire wire.

I am having precisely the same problem. New windows 7 install.  Card reader is much, much slower than it was on my old XP machine.  I too am using a SSD (but downloading to a different drive).  I doubt the SSD is causing the problem, though.

I have similar problem.  I have new computer with expresscard 34 port.  Computer with windows 7 prof.  Bought new SanDosl Extreme Pro and installed driver per instructions.  NO RECOGNItioN of drive!  Rebooted computer, and it worked...but only till I removed drive or turned computer off and back on....it wouldn't recognize it till next reboot or next re-install of driver AND reboot.  Tech support suggested using downloading driver from web site....no difference.  Got RMA to return drive, and 2 weeks later got it back/or new one (they didn't say).  Does the same thing!  Seems like a waste of time and money!  And of course they say no refunds!  Any suggestions anyone?
Highlighted

Same problem here! Used to download 16 of HDV footage in 12 minutes on VISTA 64, now taking 40 minutes on WINDOWS 7!!!!!

Can someone explain?