Blue screen due to reader

Since a couple of weeks I get an annoying blue screen windows failure ("Driver power state failure" it tells me and then my computer reboots) This is caused by a file named ntkrnlpa.exe and I think it has to do with my extreme reader (which functions properly). Before that, whenever I left my CF card plugged in, every thirty minutes or so my PC automatically "rediscovered" the station and came up with a screen asking me what to do with the files. Annoying but nothing more.

But this has changed and now I suddenly get the bluescreen instead, probably after a windows update (vista 32).

I know, the solution is simple; just don't leave the cf-card in too long, but I tend to forget that. So, if anybody knows a better way to avoid getting a blue screen again it would be great.

Thanks.

Re: Blue screen due to reader

I have confirmed this as I have the same exact problem.  I am on vista 64.  It would appear it is a problem with Vista as a search on google provides a number of other folks with the same issue.

Sandisk may not be able to fix if it is OS related though I hope they will at least weigh in on the issue.

Thanks. I'm switching to W7 - 64 bits soon anyway, hopefully the problem won't occur then.

I am too ... Change to operating system in order to fix a card reader problem :smileyhappy: