Re: Extreme Pro cards slower than Extreme IV on computer download

the technology is there. express card adapters. USB 3 is also right around the corner. just because you have yet to upgrade your hardware does not mean that it does not exist. USB 2 and firewire are old technology and the release of new products should not be delayed because old technology does not support all the features of a product. 
Highlighted

Re: Extreme Pro cards slower than Extreme IV on computer download

Thank you for this. I am intouch with the software engineer of these machines and will pose the question. The only information I have currently is that the bytes per second created for 192kHz/24 bit 2 channel are 1152000 and the manufactures give an example to guarentee the recording on a flash card of a minimum speed of 2.2 x higher! i.e. 1152000 x 2.2 = 2534400 bytes per second, which they state 'becomes critical for the CF card'

I admit to not understanding quite what this implies re- the best card to be using and like some of the other references on this forum I would assume that the faster the card the better also, in my case the bigger capacity 64gb cards mean I can operate away from home for two days! However, I take your point about the equipment being able to utilise the UDMA6 to its advantage.