Storage size on Extreme Portable SSD unusually large. 25 times larger than total file sizes

@britany wrote:

@larryg92 wrote:

One thing I forgot to mention was that I chose 512 byte cluster size because of the small size of the most of the files I am storing on the drive FileZilla UC Browser Rufus.  You’ll get better performance with a larger cluster size which would be better for media files like large video files at the cost of losing some file space. Not as much as the default Sandisk cluster size. As you can tell I’m not an expert but it worked for me. 

the file size should not be different even to the extent of 3 time larger. Something is not right. How are you copying the files? Are the files compressed on the HDD? 

One thing I forgot to mention was that I chose 512 byte cluster size because of the small size of the most of the files I am storing on the drive.  You’ll get better performance with a larger cluster size which would be better for media files like large video files at the cost of losing some file space. Not as much as the default Sandisk cluster size. As you can tell I’m not an expert but it worked for me.