SanDisk Extreme 1TB Portable Solid State Drive from Costco

I got a SanDisk Extreme 1TB Portable Solid State Drive from Costco and I can’t register it because the SN don’t match what I’m trying to register has anyone ealse having this issue?

Yes, I have the same issue. Were you able to resolve it?

I am having the same issue. Have not heard from support on email.

I purchased two of these from Costco and had the same problem. I contacted SanDisk support on 8/8 and received a response 2 days later. They said they had to update the S/N’s in their database. Once they did that I was able to register my drives.

I returned mine simply because there was not a serial number and it was supposed to be on the Box. Costco does not give a box.

Amazon’s San Disk Extreme Pro Portable SSD Model Number SDSSDE80-1T00 is what I purchased. The serial number is located [in the back of the Portable SSD. It’s so small, you need to take a picture of it, then magnify it.

I have the same issue. My SN is not recognized when I attempted to register. Also VERY hard to make out. And not sure if the SN has the letter O, or the number 0. Looks like an O. But I tried both, and neither worked.

Same problem here. I called Costco concierge today and they couldn’t help. Also there was a coupon for 2 year subscription of RescuePro, but the web registration only brought up 1 year. I will call company tomorrow when they open.

Same issue. Wish I had not made the impulse buy.

It’s not there. Return it and buy from Amazon.

Not there. Retrun it.

(Feb 6th, 2021): Same Issue here. Just bought the Extreme Portable 1TB drive a few days ago. Registration system doesn’t like my Serial number (had to use a powerful magnifying glass to read it - still not sure if there are "O"s vs Zeros, but I used Zeroes, and tried it with and without the dash before the last character).

Hello, I had also difficulties to find mine, finally succeeded : for SDSDE60-1T00-G25 in part USB Flash Drive / Cruzer - Extreme Pro USB 3.2/3.1 (strange name !)

I’m having the same problem…doesn’t recognize the SN

Mine wouldn’t register neither. I contacted SanDisk who got back to me for photos from each angle all around the drive and clear enough to zoom in and analyse detail / serial no.

I provided this and had no reply in 2 days. I just went onto live chat and was advised it ‘will be registered by the end of today’.

I’m not sure I hold sufficient faith to believe him/her though.

I asked a few questions in the chat and the operator seemed to divert away from them so as not to have to answer them.

I asked one of the questions a second time - Is there any particular reason as to why the webform failed to recognise the serial no? Surely your database of serial numbers is searched the moment the form is submitted? - and got the reply that the database did not hold the serial number and it needed to be updated. I was advised the matter would be resolved by today.

Here’s hoping. ( I was beginning to think I had been sold a dodgy fake version or something but it does actually seem like SanDisk have just sent a batch or two out BEFORE checking and logging the serial numbers for warranty / registration purposes).

{EDIT}

Registered - a couple of hours later. Thanks Sandisk for providing the support needed but it would be nice to see some replies from yourselves to issues raised in the forum.

[quote=“eboss01, post:6, topic:75015”]
My SN is not recognized when I attempted to register.
I bought in Costco SanDisk Extreme 1TB Portable Solid State Drive
How I can fix this situation?

I was having the same problem until I saw that mine had “Q” in the middle instead of a"0" - also the website required me to type the Q as an uppercase before I can register mine.