Cable Problem

SanDisk Extreme SSD 2TB not detected on Windows 10 depending on how the cable is connected.

The plug on the drive side and be plugged in 2 ways (normal and flipped).

The computer side also 2 ways.

For the 4 possible cases, there is 1 case where the drive does not get detected.

Not in Explorer, Device Manager nor in Computer Management (using Win 10).

I can hear the connect/detect sound but device does not appear.

This only happens on a particular USB-C port on my computer,

the other port works in all cases. If I use a different cable (not from SanDisk),

all 4 cases works in any port.

I also tested the cable from another Extreme 1TB, same problem.

Tested SanDisk's cable on a phone, no problem.

I suspect a problem with SanDisk's cables.

Has anyone experienced this and found a solution?

Re: Cable Problem

I connect it to various ports and OSs without issues, but I have noticed that disk (1 TB) overheats if I'm using original cable (which includes USB-C to USB-A adapter) but it just warms up a little (which is expected) if I'm using my phone's charging cable (without adapter)

SanDisk User

@Damir wrote:

I connect it to various ports and OSs without issues, but I have noticed that disk (1 TB) overheats if I'm using original cable (which includes USB-C to USB-A adapter) but it just warms up a little (which is expected) if I'm using my phone's charging cable (without adapter)

For the 4 possible cases, there is 1 case where the drive does not get detected.

the other port works in all cases. If I use a different cable (not from SanDisk),

Highlighted
SanDisk User

[ Edited ]

@BRITANY wrote:

@Damir wrote:

I connect it to various ports and OSs without i  Audacity Find My iPhone Origin ssues, but I have noticed that disk (1 TB) overheats if I'm using original cable (which includes USB-C to USB-A adapter) but it just warms up a little (which is expected) if I'm using my phone's charging cable (without adapter)