Cable Problem

SanDisk Extreme SSD 2TB not detected on Windows 10 depending on how the cable is connected.

The plug on the drive side and be plugged in 2 ways (normal and flipped).

The computer side also 2 ways.

For the 4 possible cases, there is 1 case where the drive does not get detected.

Not in Explorer, Device Manager nor in Computer Management (using Win 10).

I can hear the connect/detect sound but device does not appear.

This only happens on a particular USB-C port on my computer,

the other port works in all cases. If I use a different cable (not from SanDisk),

all 4 cases works in any port.

I also tested the cable from another Extreme 1TB, same problem.

Tested SanDisk’s cable on a phone, no problem.

I suspect a problem with SanDisk’s cables.

Has anyone experienced this and found a solution?

I have exactley the same situation. 1TB SSD with original cable (includes USB-C to USB-A) overheats quickly,  but if I use my phone charging cable, it just warms up a little.

I connect it to various ports and OSs without issues, but I have noticed that disk (1 TB) overheats if I’m using original cable (which includes USB-C to USB-A adapter) but it just warms up a little (which is expected) if I’m using my phone’s charging cable (without adapter)

@damir wrote:

I connect it to various ports and OSs without issues, but I have noticed that disk (1 TB) overheats if I’m using original cable (which includes USB-C to USB-A adapter) but it just warms up a little (which is expected) if I’m using my phone’s charging cable (without adapter)

For the 4 possible cases, there is 1 case where the drive does not get detected.

the other port works in all cases. If I use a different cable (not from SanDisk),

@britany wrote:

@damir wrote:

I connect it to various ports and OSs without i  Audacity Find My iPhone Origin ssues, but I have noticed that disk (1 TB) overheats if I’m using original cable (which includes USB-C to USB-A adapter) but it just warms up a little (which is expected) if I’m using my phone’s charging cable (without adapter)

Yes it actually overheats. It has caused lots of confusions and doubts in my mind.Hopefully it is solved soon 

PS: I hope an accurate solution is posted here mywegmansconnect

External Solid State Drives Price List in India 

Speed Test     Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire 

I too have this issue with my 2TB SanDisk Extreme Portable SSD. I have barely used it. It connects then once I access it, it disconnects, the end in the drive is the end i have to turn around. Or press in harder and/or set drive in a position on a table until it finally works. If I accidentally touch the drive or cable I lose my connection.