Slower than my Xtreme2 card!

am I doing sumthing wrong?I put my xtreme4 card in my camera and it will only take 5 continuous shots and my xtreme2 card will take 6 continuous shots?is this normal or is there a problem?

Re: Slower than my Xtreme2 card!

it depends on what mode your camera shoots in. the speed or the Extreme IV card is achieved in UDMA 4 which your camera probably does not do. the extreme IV card also works in PIO 6. when the card is used in a host device, for example your camera, the speed  is limited by how fast the host device can write to the card. your camera can only dump its buffer to the card so fast. simply putting a faster card in the camera will not improve this speed.

Message Edited by drlucky on 12-10-2007 03:49 PM

It's obvious that your card is not compatable to the camera you are trying to use it with.. These cards are meant for fast production DSLR's  just because you have a fast card doesn't mean your photo saving will be faster. It's the camera!

The card is compatible just fine. It works after all. The real benefit comes when you use the card to download the pictures to your computer. When the extreme IV is used with the Extreme Firewire reader you can transfer your pictures in minutes instead of hours. If you take a lot of photographs this is time and money saved. No camera out can write to the cards as fast as the cards can handle at this time, even the fast production DSLR's.

@Nostalgia wrote:
It's obvious that your card is not compatable to the camera you are trying to use it with.. These cards are meant for fast production DSLR's  just because you have a fast card doesn't mean your photo saving will be faster. It's the camera!

hi, 

On my sony Alfa700 with CF IV 8Gb I take 13 shots at 5 fps at second, and after, when the camera buffer is full,  0,5 shots at second.

I save in raw about 18Mb for one shot. 

These are the performance of one CF II, with the CF IV I expect 16 shots continuos at 5 fps, and after, about 2,5 shots at second until end of space on card.

For this reason I think that the card, bought on eBay, is a fake. 

There isn't a serial number on these cards that can I check? 

Highlighted

@albeza wrote:

hi, 

On my sony Alfa700 with CF IV 8Gb I take 13 shots at 5 fps at second, and after, when the camera buffer is full,  0,5 shots at second.

I save in raw about 18Mb for one shot. 

These are the performance of one CF II, with the CF IV I expect 16 shots continuos at 5 fps, and after, about 2,5 shots at second until end of space on card.

For this reason I think that the card, bought on eBay, is a fake. 

There isn't a serial number on these cards that can I check? 

There should be a serial number on the top edge of the card. If there's not one there than that's not good. You might want to contact SanDisk Technical Support and see about sending in some pictures of the card so they can verify authenticity. Good Luck.