Accepted Solution

SanDisk IV 8gb

I just got 2 SanDisk Extrememe IV 8gb disks for my Hasselblad H3D -39 camera.  When I formated them, via the camera, I get 1 gb.  So I connect via Firewire 800 Lexar Card Reader and formated from the computer.  Again I get 1 gb? 

I am using a Mac OSx 10.5 and DiskUtility.

I looked on the SanDisk site and can't find any disk formating utlitiy.  Any suggestions on why I'm getting only 1gb disks?  I'm hoping someone didn't sell me bad disks, so I'm hoping it's just my problem?

Thanks,

Gary

Re: SanDisk IV 8gb

If you have not already done it, I would contact SanDisk and check for authenticity. 

Sounds like the camera repartitioned your card...check with the manufacturer to see if there is a firmware update for your camera to handle the card.  As for reformatting the card, you could try this utility...

Thanks for all your help...

I actually found out I purchased two fake Cards.

Luckily, I purchased them through eBay and paid through PayPal.  In all the years that I've been buying on eBay, this is the first time I got taken.  But luckily, my purchased was covered from PayPal and I got 100% of my money back...

Way to go PayPal...

Gary
Highlighted

Best you list the person/company so we all can avoid this seller.. Also a poor feedback on Ebay and a formal report to them as well is in order..

Pathetic!!!