Accepted Solution

Is Extreme IV 4GB compatible with all Sandisk CF Card Reader ?

I bought Extreme IV 4GB last 2 weeks.

It is fine with my Canon EOS-30D camera.

But I had problem download the picture using normal card reader.

Re: Is Extreme IV 4GB compatible with all Sandisk CF Card Reader ?

There should not be any issue with a SanDisk card reader, albeit not anywhere near it's rated speed unless you are using the FireWire reader.

Is it a SanDisk reader you are using, or another brand?

Highlighted

Nope. I use other brand of CF card reader.

Perhaps, I need to buy Sandisk CF card reader.

CompactFlash is a standard, so as long as the maker of the reader followed the standard there should be no issue.  I have seen an Extreme IV work in a very old reader built into a computer.  Of course it was very, very slow, but it worked. 

What is the exact issue you are having?

I'm having problems too. A Sandisk Extreme III works fine with my old ImageMate SDDR-89 reader, but my Extreme IV isn't recognized at all. I can take photos and review them on a Canon 40D, but plugging the card into the reader doesn't do anything. I'm using a 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo iMac using OSX 10.5.4 - the Extreme III works fine; the Extreme IV not at all.

BTW, the RescuePRO 4.0 disc that came with the card will not load on my Mac. Support info on the SanDisk site says it is compatible with OSX 10.1 and up, but I find "up" hard to believe since the option for registering products stops at OSX 10.3.

SanDisk makes great products, but I'm not real happy with the support for Mac users so far. But hey, that's alright. I chose that path a long, long time ago and I can live with it. There's also the possibility that's it's me, I've stumbled off the path and don't know exactly where I am!

A new card reader will probably fix everything, and a firewire reader would be faster, but I already have two card readers and wasn't ready for the extra expense just yet, having just spent a fortune on fast glass.

As far as following standards, I've had trouble reading Lexar discs on Sandisk readers and vice versa in the past, but those were SD cards and might not apply here.