A fake card ?

hi all,

I bought a CF extrem  IV 8Gb on Ebay but I suspect that this card is a fake becouse is very slow on my camera. My camera is a sony a700 full compatible with this card.

The only warranty that I have is the label on the card. How do I check the correct version of the product? There is a software for this purpose?

thank you

Re: A fake card ?

Personally I'd call the Technical Support I heard they have a way of telling

(866) - 7263475 (SANDISK)

I bought a 4GB off of EBAY and according to EBAY's fake guides, mine is, however, I called Sandisk support and gave them the BH06 number or whatever off of the bottom and they say it is legit, however, I have also read that they can now fake this number too!

Any thoughts? 

the best way to tell is to send some pictures of the card to sandisk support and let them review. they should be able to make a determination whether the card is real or fake.

Hello!

I think i made that mistake too! I can't get the ordered "4GB extreme IV CF card" yet, but i'm afraid that will be fake, becouse i read some alike disappointed buyers feedbacks.

"the best way to tell is to send some pictures of the card to sandisk support and let them review. they should be able to make a determination whether the card is real or fake." 

Where/how can i send the pictures about the card to Sandisk support team?

If it is a fake card, what can they do? Sandisk lawyers begin any criminal law procedure against jockey?

What can I do? (besides of course that i try to get back my money!)

Message Edited by szele on 07-02-2008 11:35 AM

Contact your local assistance point.

They tell you any inormation about the procedure for checking the CF.

Bye

"local assistance point"

I don't know if i have like this in Hungary.

Any other?

I think here are not any official Sandisk local agency!

Message Edited by szele on 07-02-2008 01:48 PM
Message Edited by szele on 07-02-2008 01:51 PM

I read this on ebay, i just wanted to share:

eBay Guides - FAKE SanDisk Extreme Compact Flash Cards Exposed

http://reviews.ebay.com/FAKE-SanDisk-Extreme-Compact-Flash-Cards-Exposed_W0QQugidZ10000000001456539

I found some sandisk contacts too:

http://reviews.ebay.com/SanDisk-Sony-Kingston-counterfeit-Hotline-amp-Contact_W0QQugidZ1000000000151...

But no e-mail, just phone numbers.

Can anibody tell me any useful e-mail contact to Sandisk co., where can i send photos from card, etc? 

email it to rma_support@sandisk.com

Send front & back scan of card.

I got some fake from a manafacture in China.

I will post all the names of the companies that sell these ripp off cards. 

Thank you, i will as soon as the card will arrive! 

But i think he doesn't send either, becouse i should get it for now!

I wrote: 

"Hi! If it is a fake card, - I hope not! - please don't send it either, and refund my money immediately! 

i will test it and if it is not original i will start a criminal law procedure! I hope so you will send genuie a sandisk!" 

The seller wrote:  

"Sorry, we made a mistake, thought you received the fake card, as we just changed the supplier,so we issue the refund to you first, if the item turn on,please send the item back to us, thank you"