help transferring photos to PC from CF card

Can someone help me with my Extreme III CF card?  I have been using it with my Canon digital camera and I usually just insert the card into my computer and the images pop up in my Photo Gallery (Windows Vista).  I have had no problems for several months until recently.  For some reason nothing happens when I insert the card into the computer slot now. 

Can anyone help this amateur figure out what's going on, and/or how to get the photos on to my computer?  The manual is of no help to me. 

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Debbi

Re: help transferring photos to PC from CF card

access the 'removable drive' from 'my computer'

inside the removable drive... the pictures will be inside the DCIM folder (for most cameras). hightlight all the file by pressing CTRL + A on the keyboard then rightclick on one of the files highlighted and choose copy OR just press CTRL + C to copy the files

open 'my documents' or 'my pictures' (whatever folder you want to copy it to) then rightclick and choose paste OR press CTRL + V on the keyboard. 

it will then copy all the pictures from the card to the computer.

try creating a new folder everytime you transfer the pictures so you won't have the problem of overwriting pictures with the same filenames.

OOOPS. you're using Vista.  Its only 'Computer' instead of 'My Computer' and 'Documents' instead of 'My Documents'. same for the pictures folder. :smileyvery-happy:

Hey Debbie,

He is right You're using Vista and thats why you're facing this problem...Keep us posted if it doesnt work

Open "Computer" and right click the drive. Select Properties and choose autorun. This should show you some options on what to do whenever a card is inserted. Another way is to go to "Control Panel" and look for the "Autorun" option.

@mmarren805 wrote:

Can someone help me with my Extreme III CF card?  I have been using it with my Canon digital camera and I usually just insert the card into my computer and the images pop up in my Photo Gallery (Windows Vista).  I have had no problems for several months until recently.  For some reason nothing happens when I insert the card into the computer slot now. 

Can anyone help this amateur figure out what's going on, and/or how to get the photos on to my computer?  The manual is of no help to me. 

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Debbi

the card should mount in the computer window as a removable drive. you should be able to browse to your pictures via windows explorer. just open "computer" find the removable drive that corresponds to your device and copy/ paste the files to your computer wherever you want them.

hope it helps