Accepted Solution

16GB power consumption

I've just bought a 16GB Extreme III for my HP 210 PDA.  It seems to be burning significantly more power than my older 4GB Extreme III. Is this normal? I know it has more silicon in it, but the extra power drain is significant.

Re: 16GB power consumption

How significant is the power difference?

With my 4GB card inserted I get about 6-7 hours runtime and the battery drops about 4% a day when the HP 210 is switched off.
With the 16GB card inserted the runtime drops to around 4.5 hours and the battery drops 12% a day when in standby. That is pretty significant isn't it.
Highlighted

Looks like this card has damaged my HP 210's power circuit. Not a happy bunny.

How long have you had your phone and the battery in your phone? Batteries tend to lose charging capacity after a time of heavy use. Has there been any recent decrease of battery life when not using a card at all or with your 4GB card?

No, it's not that. It's a 4 week old HP 210 PDA (with the battery conditioned). I have a 4GB Extreme III and the new 16GB Extreme III. The 4GB card doesn't seem to load the battery at all (2% a day in standby, which is normal for a PocketPC). The 16GB card is burning 12% a day when the unit is in standby and positively eats the battery when the HP is switched on compared to the 4GB card.

I have had no response from my tech support ticket from SanDisk and I'm really fed up now. I'm just going to send the card back to the vendor where I bought it and buy from a company that has better customer support.

Have you tried calling their tech support 1-866-SANDISK they are great with their support compared to other companies that I've tried before.

I am based in the UK and did not get far with the UK telephone support. I'm not paying international call rates.

Even on a toll-free number?  

It is not tollfree outside of the USA.