SanDisk 8GB Ducati Extreme CF Card

Hullo All

I am a newbie here and need some help.

I recently purchased a SanDisk 8GB Ducati Extreme Compact Flash Card for use in my Canon EOS 40D Digital SLR Camera. I formatted the disc prior to use. When uploading the RAW files to my computer (Windows XP SP3) using Canon EOS Utility, The upload "stalled" at about 150 images and a dialogue box said: "Cannot load images to this Folder" or words to that effect. Trying other file names etc etc did not help. It was not a problem experienced on my older 2GB Extreme III cards.

I then tried card in another camera and another PC and experienced the same "error". Uploading with Windows generic program proceeded without hassle.

I have checked with Canon website and other sites such as dpreview and cannot find any help. Images uploaded appear "normal" in RAW format.

Any assistance or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards, Jack

Re: SanDisk 8GB Ducati Extreme CF Card

if you can use windows exporer to copy the files to the computer without issue then the issue is with the canon software and you should contact them for support
Highlighted

Re: SanDisk 8GB Ducati Extreme CF Card

Hullo Dr Lucky

Thank you for taking the time to respond. It certainly seems there is a problem with the Canon software. I have downloaded the latest Canon software, but has not helped. I will contact Canon.

Regards, Jack