any particular reason why the LED light is always on?

I recently bought a sandisk cruzer micro usb drive (2gig) and I notice that the LED light is ALWAYS on?  is this  ok? (anyway to turn it off? (if not maybe future releases should have an LED that is on for activity, as most other usb devices :smileyhappy: )  I  also had a 512meg micro who did  the same thing but I thought it had mulfunctioned :/(it got very hot after a while), this new one is brand new right out of the pack and LED light is always on... Any Ideas? thx in advance.

Re: any particular reason why the LED light is always on?

I have 3 of the 4GB Cruzer Micro drives, the LED stays on all the time on all of them, except during activity where it flashes. 

I too would like it to turn off when not in use (as it does on the other brand USB flash drives I have), as it is quite annoyingly bright IMO. 

I also agree it should not be on it, it gets hot,

Cruzer micro 2GB/w U3 - MADE IN CHINA <--- that might be the problem.

Now a days with batteries catching fire and cell phones exploding, the fact that the LED light is always on may indicate that there are other problems inside.

Anyway SanDisk the Corporation I think should do some tests; like plug one in all day. My gets very hot after a few hours. And no I don't see myself doing that test; leave that to the pros :-)

Message Edited by sanpan88 on 12-01-2007 05:26 PM

All of mine do that too.  I don't really see an issue with it.  It just reassures me that my drive is still alive haha...