Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Vista driver?

I recently bought a 4GB SanDisk Cruzer Micro USB Flash Drive and removed the U3 utility with the removal tool offered on the SanDisk homepage.

Now the USB memory won’t work with Vista due to lack of drivers, although it seems to work fine with Xp.

It seems a bit strange that there is no driver available for Vista, especially since the USB memory has been around for quite a while.

Re: Vista driver?

Vista has a known issue where it will not be able to find the proper driver.  You can look here for more information and a possible fix for your problem:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=51F0EF25-280B-4613-A600-C61224BACD1C&displa...

Re: Vista driver?

Normally I patch all my computers (and the ones I tend) as soon as there is anything to patch, but in this case the computer (my fathers) has a very poor internet connection (dialup) and I thought that I should wait with patching until the release of sp1, normally USB memory’s always seem to work without a lot of hassle, but not this time.

The patch you mentioned definitely did solve the problem and I am most grateful, thank You!