Highlighted

Unwanted SingupShield bar on Firefox 3.0.1

Although I did not select "install" for SignupShield, there is now a SignupShield bar on my Firefox browser, and a SignupShield drop-down on the basic menu bar.  (It is not on IE, Chrome or Opera on the same computer.)

I did not install SignupShield...I do not want SignupShield...but it has assumed I cannot live without it and has insinuated itself into my browser.

Customer service was of absolutly no use (surprise! surprise! surprise!) in removing these from the browser.

Any advice on how to get this thing OFF my Firefox browser?

Highlighted

Re: Unwanted SingupShield bar on Firefox 3.0.1

Well, if it is the U3 version that came on the Cruzer, then you will have a green shield down by the clock on your task bar.  Right click that shield and exit SignupShield.  Then, click on the U3 icon right there, and bring up the LaunchPad.  Right click on SignupShield and choose Uninstall.  Go through the process, and make sure to delete all user data when prompted.   When the flash drive stops flashing, it is done.

That worked for me.

If do not have SignupShield in the U3 LaunchPad, then you do not have the U3 version, and you got it from somewhere else besides the SanDisk.  I would go to Protecteer's web page for assistance in that case. 

Highlighted

Hi I wonder if anyone can help I have formatted and followed the reply but the signupshieldbar stubbornly remains.Im running vista is there any other suggestions,any help would be appreciated thanks:smileysad:
Highlighted

I know this is an old thread but, I haven't found any answer to this problem.

It's a Firefox addon and can be removed from the tools/addons menu.

Highlighted

Thank you so much for posting I have just removed the Sign Up Shield after so long had tried everything but that :smileywink:

Many thanks problem solved