Highlighted
Accepted Solution

U3 Launchpad Update server down? Or problem of internet access through a proxy?

Hello.

When I try to Check for updates in U3 Launchpad, I get the following message: "The server cannot be accessed. Please check your Internet connection and try again".

My internet connection works fine.

Is the server really down or is it because my company uses a proxy?

Thanks for your help.

Re: U3 Launchpad Update server down? Or problem of internet access through a proxy?

U3 is end of life and all U3 update servers and U3 application servers have been taken down. you can use the stand alone U3 installer and it will still install the latest version but the check for update feature is no longer working. since U3 is end of life it is no longer going to any updates so if you are interested in portable applications i suggest you look into other solutions like Portable Apps.

Re: U3 Launchpad Update server down? Or problem of internet access through a proxy?

It is? Why? And why is there not only any mention on a site page about that, but the site page actually still has the download, etc?  How frustrating.  I've just reformatted my flash drive, and redownloaded and installed the U3 launchpad, and could NOT figure out why the application downloads kept failing.

The taking down of the U3 support site without notice is rude and unprofessional at best.

An alternative is to use the PortableApps.com suite and apps.  And to support that option while retaining the U3 Launchpad you might find the PAMenu.u3p file helpful.

See this thread for more details:  http://communities.sandisk.com/sandisk/board/message?board.id=u3&thread.id=5760&page=1  

Thank you!  Much appreciated.