Re: U3 LaunchPad Installer

yes it has to connect to the internet to download the latest U3 LP.

i just tested it and it is working now.

Yup its working the site is back up...Finally!
Just formatted my Cruzer to U3, hoorah!
But why do we have to connect to the internet to install in the first place!

Cliveports wrote:
But why do we have to connect to the internet to install in the first place!

is has to connect to the internet to download the latest U3 LP iso
Highlighted

I just tried the installer tool -- now my entire USB drive is unusable :*(   To remedy, i tried the LP uninstaller tool and it says I don't have a U3 drive plugged into the computer.. it's not even detected now!

Is there any way to manually unmount these drives or do a "low level format" equivalent?

Message Edited by LimboMan on 12-07-2007 01:55 AM

What type of drive do you have?

Good grief this is frustrating!!!!! I purchased a new 4GB SanDisk Cruzer Micro today and have spent the last 2hrs trying to get the U3LaunchPad to work. Of course, much of that time was spent searching SanDisk and U3 sites, as well as Google. Finally, found this forum and thread...which summarizes exactly the problem I am having. Unfortunately, when I downloaded this LPInstaller it wiped clean the 4GB SanDisk USB drive, but then also displayed the error --- "Launchpad Installation Failed! Reformatting of the smart drive failed. The drive might be unusable. You might be able to recover by rerunning this installer." I have rerun the Launchpad installer a bunch of times; I have removed the USB drive and reinserted it and rerun the Launchpad installer...still no luck...receive the same error msg. I can see both the SanDisk drive K:and its CD drive J: in the Windows Explorer window.

What is going on? Why does this Launchpad installer keep failing? Any HELP would be greatly appreciated. I guess I'm going to have to call SanDisk TechSupport. :smileysad:

Message Edited by BlackPerl on 04-12-2008 09:12 PM
Message Edited by BlackPerl on 04-12-2008 09:13 PM

@LimboMan wrote:
I just tried the installer tool -- now my entire USB drive is unusable :*(   To remedy, i tried the LP uninstaller tool and it says I don't have a U3 drive plugged into the computer.. it's not even detected now!

Is there any way to manually unmount these drives or do a "low level format" equivalent?

Message Edited by LimboMan on 12-07-2007 01:55 AM
Re-run the installer tool. It should fix it and fully install the U3 launchpad. If it doesn't work the first time select not to backup any data. Of course make sure to manually backup your data before doing the install.
Message Edited by Noe_Boddi on 04-14-2008 05:02 PM

I'm also having this problem on my Sandisk Cruzer 4GB Titanium:

"Download of the U3 Launchpad failed. Make sure that you are connected to the Internet and then rerun this installer"

The installation continues if I don't press OK, but nothing happends when the whole bar is full..

Please help

*EDIT*

Problem solved it was Comodo Firewall that was running in the background

Message Edited by Garath on 06-12-2008 12:57 PM

@ twits

You

* MUST have a user with administrators' context

* should first empty all your temp directories most especially system variable %temp% -- obviulsly except system locked files

* ought be familiar with EVERY process running in your task manager.  if you are not you are likely not qualified to use your computer.  

I have successfully created MY cdrom paritition as 190 megs... very useful when foreign machines don't agree with me, sole arbiter of utilitity propiety of what should- or should not live on MY media.

The latter process is a bit circuitous.  That of which you complain is stone dead simple: a reason for the U3 popularity (ignoring UNQUIE user tracking and whatnot)

Message Edited by iliketoshare on 01-18-2010 05:46 PM