Accepted Solution

U3 LaunchPad Installer

5:55 PM EST 11/23/2007

Just a heads up to those who run the SanDisk website, the link to the U3 LaunchPad Installer program found on the aforesaid page comes up as "The page cannot be found".

Link in question:

Hoping to download this sometime soon :smileywink:

Ed
Highlighted

Re: U3 LaunchPad Installer

Whew.. thought I was the only one having the issue.  I had to uninstall because of a formatting issue and now I can't get it reinstalled.  Hope they get this issue fixed soon.

:smileyvery-happy:

i have the same problem and nothing i tried so many links and i found one but it does not work for me but you ppl can try if you want
http://u3.sandisk.com/download/lp_installer.asp
and reply if it worked for you:smileytongue:

I had tried that one before with no luck as well.  I even went as far as trying to find the LPinstaller.exe and cruzer-autorun.iso but could not find them.  :smileymad:

looks like the weblink is still down. hopefully it will be fixed after the holiday weekend.

Message Edited by RonnieBrown on 11-26-2007 03:53 PM

Got the same dilemma here.  This is my 5th Cruzer U3 product, just want to try out what's in on Contour, previously got those Micro's in different capacities.  I was surprised this one's empty.  I could have got the Cruzer Micro instead.  Hope you can have this available asap. Cheers!

Well now it appears that the download of LPinstaller.exe is available from the downloads section, however when I run the installer I get an error that says "Download of the U3 LaunchPad failed.  Make sure that you are connected to the internet."  Well I know I am connected to the internet :smileyhappy: This is exactly the same issue I had when trying to use http://u3.sandisk.com/download/lp_installer.asp previously.  Is anyone else having this issue?  :smileymad:

*Update*
I just called Sandisk and they have informed me that their technicians are updating the download link for this installer and told me to try again tomorrow.  Well at least I know it not just my issue.

Message Edited by yatyas on 11-27-2007 10:25 AM

I just want to let you know this message is still showing up so they still haven't fixed the problem.:
Launchpad installation failed!
Download of the U3 Launchpad failed.
Make sure that you are connected to the Internet and then
rerun this installer.

Its STILL not working,this is abysmal! I wonder why it needs to connect to the internet anyway? Isnt there a download somewhere that lets us format our U3 drives and install LP WITHOUT connecting to the net?

That's exactly what I'm wondering, why don't they make it simple, surely it would take less effort from all points.  

I'm starting to think I may have to go out and buy another brand to achieve what I need, at least until this gets sorted out.