Accepted Solution

ScanDisk Cruzer 4GB SDCZ36-004g

Hello everyone. Newbie here.

My wife bought a flash drive stated in the subject line and used it once and deleted everything off the drive. It seems to work ok but not like my flash drive (same as hers). Is it possible to reinstall everything back as it was when it was first bought or is it toasted?

Also, when I plug it in and as long as it is plugged in, the light under the thumb retractor will go dim and then back to bright until the drive is removed. Is this an indication of a problem? It's been doing that since new.

Thanks

Message Edited by 69Z28 on 06-13-2010 05:19 PM
Highlighted

Re: ScanDisk Cruzer 4GB SDCZ36-004g

OK...after some research I found I could remove whatever was left on the flash drive and reinstall the U3 software. That worked fine.

However, I am still a little curious about the light under the thumb retracter. Why is it fading in and out? Kind of like it's ready to die.

How did you reinstall the U3 software???  The software.u3.com site is down.

My U3's lite does the same thing.  I suspect the pc's security system is checking it every so often.

LED behavior is determined by the devices controller. what you see is normal here is a knowledgebase article from the sandisk site

Thanks for the LED info.

On the software issue. Apparently I am still having a problem with the software. I thought I found a download by entering the model number on google (SDCZ36-004G).

I downloaded some files that were on the flashdrive to my laptop but now I am not able to upload those files back to the flashdrive.

Any ideas?

I did find software that deleted what was on the flashdrive so at this point it looks to be empty (no U3, lauchpad, CD what ever was factory loaded). I checked on all my computers and each one indicates the drive is empty.

It should be noted that the completion bar can be very deceiving.  It will get to 99% fairly quickly but the last 1% can take an hr.  If you remove the drive before 100% it will fail.