Accepted Solution

Reg Cruzer sync in u3

Hi ,

I just bought a cruser micro 4gb with u3, i need to sync my outlook 2003 with the cruser sync or dmailer software which comes free with the drive. Suppose i download all the messages today from outlook to drive and delete some of the messages in outlook and sync again with the drive will it deletes the same messages i deleted from outlook or just updates the content from outlook to drive. i mean will it over write the drive as that of outlook
Also if i format my drive how can i reload all the u3 application in my drive.

Please let me know.

Thanks.

Re: Reg Cruzer sync in u3

if you delete messages in outlook and sync it with the device the messages will also be deleted from cruzersync. if you format the device you will need to download and reinstall all u3 apps.

Hi,

Thank you very much for your reply. I just have one dounbt, is there a way we can change the setting in cruzer sync not to delete the mails in the drive or is there a work around for this like thunderbird which updates only the latest mails.

Thanks in advance.

definition of file synchronization:

File synchronization is used to maintain the same version of files on multiple computing devices. For example, an address book on a telephone might need to be synchronized with an address book on a computer.

if you delete from the computer it will delete the files from the device after the next sync.
Highlighted

Thanks again, one more question - i see that thunderbird is available at free u3 programs. If i install thunderbird and import the mails from outlook to thunderbird will it preserve a copy in outlook or it moves all the mails from outllook. I need the mails to be in outllook for sure and i dont want to take a risk. Please let me know.

Thanks a lot.

CruserSync Problems

Hey, I just installed my U3 CruserSync software onto my Sandisk U3 Smart 2 GB Flash Drive. Unfortunately when I try to create a profile, the moment I hit next (after I enter my password), an error message pops up and says that there was an "unexpected error". This happens every time, no matter what I do (so it is expected). What should I do?

Thanks
             Bobby