Highlighted
Accepted Solution

RIP Cruzer?

Hey All,

Have a 2 GB Cruzer micro, served me well for about a year now.  Recently started acting "funny" when used at home.  Had difficulty accessing some (important) data ... was lucky enough to get it to work, copied everything over to the hard drive ... and since that point I haven't been able to access it. :-( 

When I plug it into ANY USB port (front/back/hub, etc.) on multiple computers ... it will light up, and the LED will go through about a 30sec-1min series of 3 flashes before the light goes off completely.  I'm at work and access is restricted so I can't say if the device manager is telling me anything.

Device was always ejected properly.  I did have some issues with it telling me the there had been "improper ejection" especially when this had been plugged into a hub at home and the computer turned off. 

Does this sound like a dead drive?  The data is (fortunately) not the issues, just wondernig if this sounds salvagable or not.

Thanks!

Re: RIP Cruzer?

sounds like a dead drive.

Yeah - wanna hear something crazier?  Just played with it for a while (plugged in, took out repeated x 2) and now it works again. 

wth?

Haha....Dr Lucky's Luck must have rubbed off on you.  I'd be ecstatic :robotsurprised: