Accepted Solution

Problems with my Flash Drive

I just bought my SanDisk Cruzer Micro USB Flash Drive 1.0GB today and I am having trouble using it. I pluged it into my usb drive, but the light on the usb drive doesnt turn on and no programs on my computer pop up to verify that the computer is reading the drive. I was wondering how i can get my computer to read my usb drive. Any comments are appreciated thank you.

Re: Problems with my Flash Drive

R u using window XP?
I having a same problem,once plug in the flash drive,but no response on my pc.. haiz.... sad...

Hey Guys, I had the same problem at first. Then I realized that some other programs running on my PC were interfiering with my PC reading my flash drive. Make sure that MusicMatch or Roxio isnt running and try it again.  Alot of times those programs see the disk image, that being the U3 portion on the flash drive, as a CD and it tries to launch it.

Or you can try this.....

Hold SHIFT down while plugging it in and then go into "My Computer" and see if its listed in there as "U3 System" and a "Removable Storage"  or something like that. If it is, Double click on the U3 System and it should launch the U3 system from there.

Let me know if this helps : )

Lj
Highlighted

Also, try different usb ports....preferrably the back ones.  This has helped me oh so many times.