Accepted Solution

Not responding

I have a SanDisk Cruzer Micro 2GB that I bought in august. I never had any problems with it and I always used the safe eject. Now my computer doesn't know it's there when I plug it in. The LED light doesn't come on, there's no pop up saying it's there, and I can't access it at all.

The las time it worked for me it was plugged in at the same time as a SanDisk 2GB MP3 player.
The only thing I save on it that day was a regular JPEG picture.
Also I used the eject when I was done.

Re: Not responding

does it work on any other computers? if not it probably needs to be replaced.

No it doesn't work with any other computers.

How could it have broke that fast?

And I'm assuming I can't get any off the stuff off it then?

sounds like a bad device. i would contact sandisk tech support and ask for a RMA. probably will not be able to retrive the data from it but you could try a data recovery company. you would have to pay for the data recovery yourself though.

Re: Not responding. Help!

I'm having the same problem. I used the Cruzer micro (2GB) this morning on a laptop: I moved some pictures to the stick, safely removed it and inserted it into my PC port (Windows XP). No green light, no sound, no removable drive F in My Computer, no nothing. I've insered it back into the laptop; it doesn't recognize it either. There's no drive for it on any of the two.

A few days ago I inserted it into the PC and it used another drive letter (usually it opened in F, now I found it in G - it did not open by itself either).

You said "bad device". Is this possible? Isn't there a way to fix it?

It happened to mine, it is a 4 Gb memory, all well done until it stops running and it keeps dead.

What is the proccess  for a RMA?

Same thing happening to my 8gb Cruzer Micro USB.  This is horrible.  The lost data is very important to me. Is there anything that I can do?  I will try data recovery companies, but this really sucks.  Very disappointed with SanDisk quality.

OK.  I have sent mine to eprovided.com, which is stumbled upon online.   I hope that they are legitimate.  Their site seems to indicate that it will be about $90 if they can recover the data plus minimum $20 shipping/analysis fee.

I have emailed a few other companies and I have emailed SanDisk with no reply after several days.  I am very disappointed with SanDisk. 

Good luck with those of you who also lost valuable data due to poor quality by SanDisk. 

eprovided says that they could not recover with "simple steps" and it would cost about $400.  I wish that they would have told me that prior to sending it when I called.  I am not a fan of them and would not recommend them.

same thing happened to my sandisk 4 GB. It sucks bcoz i had research data on this....i don't know whether I should send it to a device recovery company.