Highlighted
Accepted Solution

No Drive Letter

I get this error when i insert my drive. I have seen it use E and F drive letters and when i use the NET USE command these drives are always free.
I have restarted the system. 
I went in and deleted the U3 folder in C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data
I have cursed Sandisk :smileyhappy:

Any solution please.

Re: No Drive Letter

It sounds like a drive letter conflict.  Without the Cruzer plugged in, let us know what drive letters you have listed under My Computer.

I think that is a problem in administrative privileges - public comp?

Do you have admin rights to this PC?

I do not have admin rights on this PC. Its my work PC. I have about 10 drive letters assigned to mapped netword drives.

Message Edited by logicatwork on 12-24-2007 07:09 AM

I restarted the system with the curiser plugged in. It worked. Trial and error :smileyhappy:

Cool.  In the future, to change drive letters on WinXP, you can right click "My Computer", choose "Manage", and select "Disk Management."   From there, find the drive letter that corresponds to your flash drive (will be relatively close to the capacity listed on the Cruzer ie 2GB = 1.9GB etc).  Right click the drive and select "Change Drive Letter and Paths."  From there, the "Change" option is the next step along with which letter you want to reassign to the drive.  Hope this helps for anyone that didn't know....

How do you change a drive letter when you don't have admin rights on the machine?  How do you get the Cruzer to work?

@ FGIB

You can't. You would have to ask the network admin. or your IT department for assistance. Or, try the solution logicatwork found "restart the computer while the Cruzer is plugged in".

The reason why it worked after restarting is because windows sets drive letter first for the devices already connected at the startup and the remaining is for the drives to be connected.
Message Edited by hckrs2k3 on 07-24-2009 05:27 PM