Highlighted
Accepted Solution

My Cruzer Micro won't open on any computer i try it on

My Cruzer Micro 2.0Gb contains hundreds of irreplacable photos, when i plug it into any computer the flashpen flashes, but does not get recognised, it is almost as if it is looking for a link on the flashpen which is either missing or damaged and is unable to progress any further, i have tried Xp, ME W2k operating systems, the device manager makes reference to a code 10 error, i have uninstalled and reinstalled it and have tried Regcure which claimed it would fix it, but all to no avail,  

any help would be greatly appreciated i just want my info and photos back not really interested in rescuing the Flashpen

Highlighted

Re: My Cruzer Micro won't open on any computer i try it on

Try it on another Windows XP system not Windows ME.
Highlighted

hckrs2k3 thanks for replying, i have tried it on 3-4 computers which have XP but to no avail 
Highlighted

I am having the same problem. Last time, 3-4 weeks ago, when I updated it, it worked. This morningI tried again but nothing. The light comes on, the "safe to unplug" feature works, the files are there but it won't launch either automatically or manually. Can one of the MS late updates be causing it. I have MS XP.

Thanks

Highlighted

It's henryb again. I turned the computer on and off and inserted the Cruzer again. This time it opened. The mysteries of the computer?

PS  I tried again 3 hrs later and it wouldn't open again. Everything I checked tells me that the U3 is ok. I checked a Lexar jump drive and this one is working (lucky me!!). I have the files backed up on both but I liked the e-mail feature synchronization which the Lexar doesn't do.

Message Edited by henryb on 09-03-2008 08:17 PM