Highlighted

Re: LED stays lit

I know this is a year later, but I'm seeing the samething with Win 7.  When I get safe to remove hardware message, the LED on my Cruzer stays lit.  I believe it to be a hardware thing (as in laptop or desktop, not the Cruzer) and not a OS thing.  Why?  Because I have three desktops with XP, a laptop with XP, School has Vista on desktops, work XP laptop and a laptop with Win 7.  Only on the win 7 laptop does the LED stay lit after I eject it.  Note - Ejecting through software, not the physical removal from USB port.  I haven't had the chance to try another Win 7 machine.

Just wondering if anybody has seen a cause for this?

Highlighted

You may not worry about this as the Led light on the drive stays on ever after you safely eject it on Windows Vista and Windows 7, till the time the you get the pop up the drive is safe to be ejected from the computer you have no reasons to worry.

Highlighted

Windows Vista doesn't do it for me, only Win 7.  I'm not worried, please understand that.  I'm more curious as to the cause.  Does anyone know for sure if it is OS or hardware (as in, not the cruzer).

I just haven't had another Win 7 machine to test yet.

Highlighted

It depents on Win 7 also like Vista SP2. I testet it with the same USB Hub on diverent Systems. XP switch off the light, the others dosn't.
Highlighted

Weird, I get it to shut off on several vista machines.