Highlighted

Cruzer 32G went in the washing machine.

I have a new 32G Cruzer and use it for synchronizing data from three different PC's. I haven't found a piece of U3 synchronizing software, so I do it manually. I wish I could find some software, but I've had no luck.

But back to the subject line. I did what I feared I might do some day, that being, leaving my stick in my shirt pocket...well, I did and in to the washing machine it went... "Hot", "Extra Heavy Load", "Extra Rinse Cycle"...(no bleach).

I about got sick when I saw it at the bottom of the wash drum. Well, 'no guts, no glory', I plugged it in to my PC (I hadn't backed up in over a week!), and guess what? It worked! I backed up real fast and it went all the way!

I know I have probably shortened the life of the stick, but still amazing. At least I didn't put it through the dryer, as well.

Anyway, great stick! It would have been a little better if it had a lanyard, as my other siticks have...with a lanyard, I wouldn't have had it in my shirt pocket.

Keep up the good work.

Steve

Highlighted

Re: Cruzer 32G went in the washing machine.

Actually the dryer would have been good for it.  The main concern is plugging it in when there is water/moisture still in it that can short things out.  :smileywink:

As for U3 backup sw check out this thread:  http://communities.sandisk.com/sandisk/board/message?board.id=u3&thread.id=5828&view=by_date_ascendi...

Highlighted

Re: Cruzer 32G went in the washing machine.

Yeah, you are right about the dryer. Anyway it's still working, thank goodnes. I dropped my cell phone in the pool years ago and put it in the oven over night at 170 degrees, I used it for another year or 2.

I haven't tried the link for the synch. SW yet, I'm watching NASCAR, but will try it during the caution flags.

I'll post back after I take a look.

Thanks Ed.

Steve