Cruzer 2G won't work in digital picture frame

Hello,
I just bought 3 of the 2GB Cruzer drives to include as Christmas presents with digital picture frames.  To my dismay the usb drive won't stay lit when the frame tries to read it.  I can read SD digital cards just fine but not the USB. The frame is run by an AC plug, is it possibly not powerful enough to run the drive?  It is a USB 2.0 slot.
I'll need to return these fast if they won't work, please advise.

Re: Cruzer 2G won't work in digital picture frame

try removing u3. use the u3 launchpad removal tool. let us know if it works.

I tried removing U3 and still got the same problem.  Any other suggestions that i could try?

Ryan

Can you connect and access the drives on a PC?  If you can't then they may be bad; OTOH if they work properly on the PC then they may not get enough power from the digital frames...

Yes I can.  The pics are on the memory stick and can be viewed on my PC from the memory stick.  If the stick can't get enough power from the frame, how would I knwo this?  Is there a power level the stick requires that I could find maybe in another brand of frame

Ryan

Thanks for all the suggestions.  I decided to return the Sandisk product and buy drives without preinstalled software.  Everything worked fine after that.

gydgdg

Hi, how can I get latest version of LP?

@mef666 wrote:
Hi, how can I get latest version of LP?
look at the sticky "how to install launchpad" for instructions. make sure to back all your data up first.

any idea on how to run LaunchU3.exe on Vista?