Accepted Solution

How do I restore a deleted file on CruzerSync?

HI there

I synchronised my Cruzer this morning and wanted to open a file I saved yesterday, however, couldn't open the file as it said it was deleted??!! :smileysurprised:  Then I checked my C-drive and the file was there, so I synchronised my files and then it dissappeared!! 

I can't find it anywhere...how do I retrieve it??

Thanks

Bianca

Re: How do I restore a deleted file on CruzerSync?

Sorry, your data is gone.

CruzerSync did what it was suppose to do, the file was marked for deletion, and when you clicked on Synchronize it deleted it off of your hard drive.  I wanted to see if that file might be recoverable so I tried it my self, but I could not get any data recovery software to find the test document I created.

Highlighted

there's still hope! while the data in the flashdrive is encrypted, the data in your computer is not... if it is really that important, get a proffesional to recover it from your harddrive...

edit: sppeling chekc :smileyvery-happy: 

Message Edited by marqck on 05-10-2008 04:43 AM

@marqck wrote:

there's still hope! while the data in the flashdrive is encrypted, the data in your computer is not... if it is really that important, get a proffesional to recover it from your harddrive...

edit: sppeling chekc :smileyvery-happy: 

Message Edited by marqck on 05-10-2008 04:43 AM

I tested trying to get it back from the computer's hard drive, too, but no success.  But, by all means the OP should attempt, I just would not spend a lot of money doing it, because I think it is hopeless.