Cruzersync problem

I had to reinstall Vista and used CS to save my outlook email.  When I opened CS on the new install it immediately started to sync, erasing all of the files that were saved!  I stopped it but lost some folders.  Is there any way to recover the files on the USB drive? 

Its not a very good backup solution when it instantly syncs and starts erasing your data because the new PC has nothing on it yet.

Re: Cruzersync problem

To answer your question about whether you can get your information back, the answer is no.  CruzerSync puts all of the files into one encrypted file, and that file has now been changed.

But, I have to say, it is not cool to blame the program for doing exactly what you told it to do.  There was a box that you left checked when you set up CruzerSync that says to start the backup once CruzerSync is launched.  Plus, CruzerSync has been doing this the whole time you have been using it, why are you angry now?  Just because it did not know, and can not know, that you reloaded your PC (instead of just deleting your data), that it is "not a very good backup solution"?

Yeah, it sucks you lost your stuff.  But CruzerSync only did what you told it to do.  It is an excellent program if you need to keep an copy of your email inbox.

Its not a good backup solution if it automatically deletes its own information after a hard drive crash. At that point its not clear how to turn off the automatic sync without doing exactly what I did.  I guess it might be ok to purely sync between 2 different computers.  Buts its not a good backup solution, which is partly how its advertised.

Its arrogant thinking to expect a customer to know all the nuances of something they did not design, and have no experience with.  That typical engineering/design thinking is why people are so frustrated with technology. 

Imagine if all had worked the way I expected.  I'd be telling my friends and family how cool, cheap and easy it is to use cruzersync.  Customer expectation trumps all.  Even if a customer gets a great deal, it doesn't matter if they feel misled.  It applies to every business including cruzer/dmailer/sandisk.

I agree with you completely.  Cruzersync has caused me much difficulty.  I think I've finally figured out most of the problems but it's really a lousy product.  When I find something else I'm going to switch.
Highlighted

Inbox not updating on CruzerSync v6.2.042

I can't seem to update my inbox. I have it selected as a file I want to sync, but even after syncing it 3 times I still only see files from April 08. I also selected an archive file which is basically old e-mail to be updated and synchronized, and even after 3 attempts to sync it I can't view the files in it either. I'm working with a Cruzer Micro 8 GB that is running CruzerSync v6.2.042