Accepted Solution

CruzerSync, what is it?

CruzerSync General Information

CruzerSync™ software allows SanDisk Cruzer® users to easily and securely (AES 128-bit encryption) access, edit and restore ALL their personal files (productivity documents, audio and video files, bookmarks etc.) and Outlook® data (emails, attachments, calendar, contacts, notes, tasks) at anytime from any computer in the world.

Thanks to its unique capabilities, CruzerSync™ software revolutionizes personal productivity by turning any computer into your own — in the office, at home or at school, in an internet cafe and beyond. A true Mobile Desktop at your fingerprints!

Version No.v4.4.106Available for Micro
Mini
Titanium
Cruzer® Profile
(Windows only)
Documentation » Product Description
» Datasheet 
» FAQ 
» Quick Start Guide

Note: FREE and fully functional with Cruzer® Titanium and Cruzer® Profile only.

Re: CruzerSync, what is it?

I have the Cruzer Titanium, but I can not find the CruzerSync software on the U3 menu as the user guide suggests. What do I do?

Just a heads up for those purchasing a CruzerUSB with CruzerSync.  The backups do not take up much space on the device.  I purchased a 16GB Cruzer under the assumption it would be necessary since my Outlook e-mail, contacts and other files are quite large yet a 1GB would have been more than enough.  Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with the 16GB because now I can do a full backup on both my home computer and my work computer and still have room to backup some of the photos I keep on an external drive.

From what I have seen, I would recommend this device.  One noteworthy comment is to turn off the CruzerSync autosync feature.  I think CruzerSync needs to add a "are you sure?" popup prior to starting autosync.

Recommendations for Upgrade

I've been using CruiserSync and like it, but I find it wanting ... some upgrades.

First off I'd like to see an option when entering my password, to have not just an OK option to start the syncing, but another option to sign on, but NOT to sync ... and to go to the files on the USB drive directly.

Tonight, I had the misfortune to save a template excel workbook by accident at the wrong time. I'd like to get into the back up without syncing first to get that file I previously backed up on to the USB.

I realize that I could rename the template to replicate with the drive, but that's just adding a file that I don't need to add to the back up.

Next, there are files and emails I'd like to keep as backups on the USB drive, that I don't want to keep on the laptop hard drive. I've noticed that if I delete files or emails on the laptop, those are deleted from the back up as well.

Am I missing something with regards to the settings for this program?

Any info you can provide on the above is appreciated.

Regards, Bob

Highlighted

Hi & HELP!!   I have a normal, basic Sandisk micro4GB cruzer and I've never "clicked" the updates or anything and all of a sudden the other day, I'm now encountering this CruzerSync error message each time I start to use the thumb drive.  I looked it up and it had nothing to do w/ the Sandisk company, so I was worried it was some sort of infiltrating thing...  After reading some of y'all's posts, I feel better about it not being such.  However, I DON'T want it on there... I noticed your comment about turning it off... HOW, PLEASE, HOW DOES ONE DO THAT?  :smileyhappy:    Thank you in advance for helping me with this more than likely elementary task!!    :smileyhappy: 

go to kb.sandisk.com and search "uninstalling u3 programs" and it should give you instructions.

I deleated Cruzer Sync I need to reinstall it . Can someone give me the download Link.   The link on the top of the thread is only in French.  Thanks  JJ