Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Can I use any software, or only some?

I have purchased a SanDisk Cruiser, 1 GB version.  I want to load an invoicing software package on it, but don't know how.  It was written by a very small company and I am sure they didn't have the idea of using it in a Cruiser when they created it.

Can I load that software onto my Cruiser? 

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Gregg 

Re: Can I use any software, or only some?

Some programs usually saves an information on how it was installed and its registration details on the "registry" of a computer. If that is the case on your program, it won't work since if you try to use the program on other PC once saved on the flashdrive it will check for those registry keys.

Thanks hckrs2k3. I have loaded an accounting program and invoicing software package I got via links at the Free Software foundation (www.fsf.org) I hope that I'll be able to copy my content from the database from one package and use it to update the other, but if not, I'll have to use two different programs. not too bad.

Gregg

Hi, I have a question regarding installation of HPs QTP on Sandisk Cruzer flash drive. I am an automatic script writer at AVT and I recently learned about the capability of installing programs on Sandisks Cruzer flash drives and I was wondering if it is possible to install HPs Quick Test Professional and run it from the drive on any computer? If it is possible, is there any limitations such as: firmware, operating system, registry files, etc. With Kind Regards, Roie Moran QA Engineer AVT - Advanced Vision Technology Tel. +972-9-7614591 E-mail: roiem@AVT-inc.com