Why Radiohead Should be Kings of the World....

OK as some of you remember I had to Educated on Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana on the boards here a few months back. Well I looked her up and almost instantly lost my appitite. Then I heard about my Favorite band in the World Radiohead Putting her in her place! SO in Remberance of that…

Youtube Video

E! online

MTV

Blog Read the last line on the latest entry

No offence to Miley/Hannah fans, but I mean come on you cant honestly tell me thats real music! 

Message Edited by Conversionbox on 03-19-2009 02:11 AM

@conversionbox wrote:

OK as some of you remember I had to Educated on Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana on the boards here a few months back. Well I looked her up and almost instantly lost my appitite. Then I heard about my Favorite band in the World Radiohead Putting her in her place! SO in Remberance of that…

Youtube Video

E! online

MTV

No offence to Miley/Hannah fans, but I mean come on you cant honestly tell me thats real music! 

I even just listened to that whole radio interview which started the whole thing, to get the full context. And I am completely on Radiohead’s side. I said before in the other thread that so far Miley still seemed like the Hollywood thing hadn’t gotten to her yet…it seems that I was incorrect.

@conversionbox wrote:

Youtube Video

E! online

MTV

That’s the great thing about music.  Even though the individual notes are the same with each musician, we all “hear” things differently.  Nobody is really right or wrong, it’s all a matter of personal opinion, which is the cool thing about music.

As you can see, if you have visited the “what are you listening” I have a pretty eclectic taste in music, and find very little ‘not to my liking’…same holds true with Miley and Radiohead.  I like them both to a degree; but neither is a favorite either.  Does that make CB’s viewpoint invalid?.. No, not at all.  It’s just a different viewpoint.

Some of my clients and associates just shake their head when I tell them that I simply adore some of what is considered “teeny bopper” music.  Britney (Spears) & Lindsay (Lohan), to name a couple, are among my favorites.  In fact, in or around 2000, I had the pleasure of working with Britney for a brief period of time, and had the time of my life!!  I ran the sound board at a series of midwestern concerts for her.  I still can’t remember when I had so much fun at work.

But, at the same time, I can understand why a certain percentage of the population would not like her… and I imagine, with all of her problems of the last couple of years, even less now like her.  But that is beside the point.  I’m just a fan of music, period, even if a particular artist doesn’t suit my “likes”.

Personally, I think the Miley/Radiohead feud is much ado about nothing.  In my view, both sides didn’t handle the situation very well.  Like all of these little conflicts, I’m sure it will blow over in time…

In closing, I wish to applaud all the Miley AND Radiohead fans out there.  Now go plug in a pair of headphones and enjoy!!!

Message Edited by fuze_owner-GB on 03-19-2009 12:31 AM

You are correct about people’s musical tastes being unique and personal opinion. I used to be quite the music snob back in the day…looking back on it now, I realized I was just being closed-minded(and missing out). This last year and a half, I have tried to open my mind to different musicians, and while I still love all my old faves, I have discovered a lot of great stuff out there that I either wasn’t aware of or had always ignored after hearing the one big single…Radiohead being one of the latter.

However,to further illustrate your personal opinion point…and perhaps raise a few eyebrows … for all my new-found open-mindedness, I still have never warmed up to Nirvana      I understand their place in the lexicon, but I thought Pearl Jam, Alice In Chains(RIP Layne) Mother Love Bone(RIP Andrew) and Soundgarden were all better…and I think Foo Fighters are also better than Nirvana.

My mind is made up, so anyone reading this, don’t bother trying to make a case for Nirvana’s awesomeness…I will simply disagree with a smile

If you like them, more power to ya

@marvin_martian wrote:

You are correct about people’s musical tastes being unique and personal opinion. I used to be quite the music snob back in the day…looking back on it now, I realized I was just being closed-minded(and missing out). This last year and a half, I have tried to open my mind to different musicians, and while I still love all my old faves, I have discovered a lot of great stuff out there that I either wasn’t aware of or had always ignored after hearing the one big single…Radiohead being one of the latter.

However,to further illustrate your personal opinion point…and perhaps raise a few eyebrows … for all my new-found open-mindedness, I still have never warmed up to Nirvana      I understand their place in the lexicon, but I thought Pearl Jam, Alice In Chains(RIP Layne) Mother Love Bone(RIP Andrew) and Soundgarden were all better…and I think Foo Fighters are also better than Nirvana.

My mind is made up, so anyone reading this, don’t bother trying to make a case for Nirvana’s awesomeness…I will simply disagree with a smile

If you like them, more power to ya

Exactly…

And there is absolutely nothing wrong about not liking “Nirvana”.  That’s why I have been involved in music for more decades (!!!) than I care to remember…it’s such a personal thing…

I know exactly what you are saying about people trying to convince you one way or another about the virtues of a particular artist.  I’ve lost count on how many people that told me that I was “CRAZY” for liking Lindsay Lohan and Britney Spears!!!  

I just simply smile at them and put my headphones back on and continue listening…:smileyvery-happy:

No, real music is jimi hendrix

@conversionbox wrote:

Youtube Video

E! online

MTV

GB… I said you cant tell ME… I know that some serious musical tallent went in to producing the “music” she makes, and she has to have a studio band who are very gifted but…no one can convince me that Miley is a musician. Britney spears and Christina Im not even gonnna attempt to spell her last name have some actual musical chops and for that I get them credit. For thr Record In have nothing against POP just against what I see as this decade’s Milli Vanilli 

@conversionbox wrote:

@conversionbox wrote:

Youtube Video

E! online

MTV

GB… I said you cant tell ME… I know that some serious musical tallent went in to producing the “music” she makes, and she has to have a studio band who are very gifted but…no one can convince me that Miley is a musician. Britney spears and Christina Im not even gonnna attempt to spell her last name have some actual musical chops and for that I get them credit. For thr Record In have nothing against POP just against what I see as this decade’s Milli Vanilli 

Not knocking you a bit for not liking Miley…that is Y-O-U-R choice.

While she isn’t a favorite of mine, I don’t mind her stuff at all; in fact I rather like it.  Her Breakout album is rather good… But that’s M-Y viewpoint…:wink:

@nissanskyline wrote:
No, real music is jimi hendrix

I was probably listening to Jimi when you were in diapers, or even before you were born…so I don’t need to be reminded of his music in every thread
Message Edited by Marvin_Martian on 03-19-2009 04:35 PM

@marvin_martian wrote:
I was probably listening to Jimi when you were in diapers, or even before you were born…so I don’t need to be reminded of his music in every thread

If Marvin’s that old… just think how old I must be!!!:smileyvery-happy:

<yes, I AM older than dirt>

whaddya mean every thread. its only in 2

Then that’s at least once too many. :wink:

@nissanskyline wrote:
whaddya mean every thread. its only in 2

@But in one thread you wrote:

JIMI HENDRIX

Then, in the same thread, 20 minutes later:

Jimi Hendrix all the way

As others have stated, quantity is not the same thing as quality.