Why Radiohead Should be Kings of the World....

@marvin_martian wrote:

You are correct about people’s musical tastes being unique and personal opinion. I used to be quite the music snob back in the day…looking back on it now, I realized I was just being closed-minded(and missing out). This last year and a half, I have tried to open my mind to different musicians, and while I still love all my old faves, I have discovered a lot of great stuff out there that I either wasn’t aware of or had always ignored after hearing the one big single…Radiohead being one of the latter.

However,to further illustrate your personal opinion point…and perhaps raise a few eyebrows … for all my new-found open-mindedness, I still have never warmed up to Nirvana      I understand their place in the lexicon, but I thought Pearl Jam, Alice In Chains(RIP Layne) Mother Love Bone(RIP Andrew) and Soundgarden were all better…and I think Foo Fighters are also better than Nirvana.

My mind is made up, so anyone reading this, don’t bother trying to make a case for Nirvana’s awesomeness…I will simply disagree with a smile

If you like them, more power to ya

Exactly…

And there is absolutely nothing wrong about not liking “Nirvana”.  That’s why I have been involved in music for more decades (!!!) than I care to remember…it’s such a personal thing…

I know exactly what you are saying about people trying to convince you one way or another about the virtues of a particular artist.  I’ve lost count on how many people that told me that I was “CRAZY” for liking Lindsay Lohan and Britney Spears!!!  

I just simply smile at them and put my headphones back on and continue listening…:smileyvery-happy: