Why Radiohead Should be Kings of the World....

@conversionbox wrote:

OK as some of you remember I had to Educated on Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana on the boards here a few months back. Well I looked her up and almost instantly lost my appitite. Then I heard about my Favorite band in the World Radiohead Putting her in her place! SO in Remberance of that…

Youtube Video

E! online

MTV

Blog Read the last line on the latest entry

No offence to Miley/Hannah fans, but I mean come on you cant honestly tell me thats real music! 

Message Edited by Conversionbox on 03-19-2009 02:11 AM

That’s the great thing about music.  Even though the individual notes are the same with each musician, we all “hear” things differently.  Nobody is really right or wrong, it’s all a matter of personal opinion, which is the cool thing about music.

As you can see, if you have visited the “what are you listening” I have a pretty eclectic taste in music, and find very little ‘not to my liking’…same holds true with Miley and Radiohead.  I like them both to a degree; but neither is a favorite either.  Does that make CB’s viewpoint invalid?.. No, not at all.  It’s just a different viewpoint.

Some of my clients and associates just shake their head when I tell them that I simply adore some of what is considered “teeny bopper” music.  Britney (Spears) & Lindsay (Lohan), to name a couple, are among my favorites.  In fact, in or around 2000, I had the pleasure of working with Britney for a brief period of time, and had the time of my life!!  I ran the sound board at a series of midwestern concerts for her.  I still can’t remember when I had so much fun at work.

But, at the same time, I can understand why a certain percentage of the population would not like her… and I imagine, with all of her problems of the last couple of years, even less now like her.  But that is beside the point.  I’m just a fan of music, period, even if a particular artist doesn’t suit my “likes”.

Personally, I think the Miley/Radiohead feud is much ado about nothing.  In my view, both sides didn’t handle the situation very well.  Like all of these little conflicts, I’m sure it will blow over in time…

In closing, I wish to applaud all the Miley AND Radiohead fans out there.  Now go plug in a pair of headphones and enjoy!!!

Message Edited by fuze_owner-GB on 03-19-2009 12:31 AM