What are you listening to right now?

I’ve seen this type of thread elsewhere, so why not here?

Sorry No Images here. Bit I am listening to XM online’s Lithium Channel amd right now they have Cherub Rock by Smashing Pumpkins. When I tuen my Fuze on and Resume playing what I was listening to I will get Dig out Your Soul by Oasis.

Thought I’d Throw it on here as an afterthought. There is an Artist out there called Billy Porter. He is a tremendous Singer Songwriter, and an even more gifted Guitarist. I only have one Track by him called You Stay here off the album High Wire Live. Look it up, and pay for it if you like it. I changed my Fuze from oasis to this song and turned on the Repeat function.

Message Edited by Conversionbox on 02-14-2009 03:31 AM

Images aren’t a requirement. If you want to add album art, cool, if not, that’s fine.

Right now…Pink Floyd-The Division Bell 

Message Edited by Marvin_Martian on 02-14-2009 02:05 PM

Sorry I’m late to the party…

One of my favorites of all time…

The morning news on TV. :stuck_out_tongue:

The 1970s Yes recordings are still considered the classic Yes sound by many fans. These albums feature complex classically influenced arrangements, unusual time signatures, virtuoso musicianship, dramatic, dynamic and metrical changes and oblique, stream-of-consciousness lyrics. Songs often exceeded the standard three-minute pop-song structure with lengthy multi-part suites sometimes lasting 20 minutes or more, making the band a leading 1970s progressive rock combo. Vocal verses alternated with atmospheric instrumental interludes, frenetic ensemble passages and extended guitar, keyboard and bass improvisations. The signature sonic features of this ‘classic’ period are Jon Anderson’s distinctive high-register lead vocals, the group’s strong vocal harmonies, Rick Wakeman (and Patrick Moraz) and Steve Howe’s respective keyboard and guitar solos, Bill Bruford’s and later Alan White’s polyrhythmic drumming and Chris Squire’s highly melodic and discursive bass playing, enhanced by the sound of his Rickenbacker model RM1999 bass.
Chris Squire was one of the first rock bass players to successfully adapt electronic guitar effects such as tremolo, phasing and the wah-wah pedal to the instrument. The rhythm section of Squire/Bruford and Squire/White was considered by some to be one of the best in rock music at this time.

Tales From Topographic Oceans marked a change in the band’s fortunes, polarizing fans and critics alike. Although extended compositions were by now a Yes hallmark — the title track of Close To The Edge took up the entire first side of that album — the four roughly 20 minute tracks on the two-disc Topographic Oceans earned mixed reviews and left many feeling that the band was beginning to overreach itself. Coming after extensive touring, the album was later described by Jon Anderson as “the meeting point of high ideals and low energy.” Rick Wakeman, in particular, was not pleased with the album, and to this day speaks ill of much of it. It is said that the mockumentary film, This Is Spinal Tap, was largely inspired by the album and its tour. On the other hand, many prog-rock fanatics consider it to be one of the greatest progressive albums of all time. As divided as the opinions get, the one thing that is certain is that this album leaves behind an impression - whether it be positive or negative

1 Like

Gato Barbieri

qué pasa

latin jazz

saxophone

1 Like

I’m doing the “shuffle all” thing on my Fuze because I’m testing my new E5:wink:

I am listening to Rookie Designer Podcasts. Check them out if you are a graphic designer.

http://www.rookiedesigner.com/rookie/

Oh mannnn! Mine still stuck ‘in transit’ somewhere between Hong Kong and my player. :angry:

How do you like it so far, Marvin? I can’t wait to get mine.

@marvin_martian wrote:
. . . I’m testing my new E5:wink:

Oh mannnn! Mine still stuck ‘in transit’ somewhere between Hong Kong and my house. :angry:

How do you like it so far, Marvin? I can’t wait to get mine. I already know I’m going to be looking for a much, much shorter connector jack cable. 3 - 6" would be perfect, but I doubt I’ll be able to buy one. Probably have to make it.

@tapeworm wrote:

@marvin_martian wrote:
. . . I’m testing my new E5:wink:

Oh mannnn! Mine still stuck ‘in transit’ somewhere between Hong Kong and my house. :angry:

How do you like it so far, Marvin? I can’t wait to get mine. I already know I’m going to be looking for a much, much shorter connector jack cable. 3 - 6" would be perfect, but I doubt I’ll be able to buy one. Probably have to make it.

Mine came with 2 cables…one is about 5 inches between plugs, the other is about 30 inches:dizzy_face: between plugs

For my initial impressions in a little more detail…

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?p=330080#post330080

Oh and if you have a wallcharger that works on a Clip it will work on the E5.

EDIT:

This was a little earlier than the other post I linked there Tape:

“I’m seeing similar sound to the E3 with the E5’s bass boost off on my Senn HD201’s.”

Message Edited by Marvin_Martian on 02-18-2009 01:06 AM

Jacks Mannequin, The Glass Passanger.

The Jimi Hendrix Experience- Electric Ladyland

Air- Moon Safari

Here is a link to one of their most famous songs La Femme D’Argent