What are you listening to right now?

@marvin_martian wrote:

@tapeworm wrote:

@marvin_martian wrote:

What do you mean, back when he was good? He’s still good…the new album is excellent!:stuck_out_tongue:

Guess I’ll have to give it a listen but up to this point, I prefer his older stuff. Generally though, I’ve found the first (or at least early) albums put out by artists are more about the music and less about the $$. Sadly, it usually reverses at some point, probably due to the record companies insistance. :cry:

I will grant you that quite often, that does happen…sadly enough.

One thing about Flying In a Blue Dream that I found was, Joe really shouldn’t sing…lol.  I can handle “The Phone Call”, because of how processed the voice is,  but the other songs, he barely sings better than me!:dizzy_face:

That’s the cool thing about music…there really isn’t any ‘right’ or ‘wrong’; just a matter of likes and dislikes.  Personally, I’ve never ever cared too much for Satriani…the only place where I find him the least bit entertaining is in “Chickenfoot”…

Many talented musicians simply can’t make good albums (my opinion only) or they make lousy bandleaders.  But that’s what makes the world go 'round…differing tastes.