What are you listening to right now?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cj9_yW8tZxs

@marvin_martian wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cj9_yW8tZxs

Ahh…some good old school rap.

Been listening to this of late…Roger Troutman was one of my musical heroes (vocals, effects on California Love)…

Zero 7 - Red Dust

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sCkAvh50Vs

Right now, Brad Mehldau:  Art of the Trio- vol 3.  amazing piano trio

Also: 

Fred Hersch and Bill Frisell:  Songs We Know.  Some very interesting interplay between Friselll’s unique voicings and Hersch’s masterful piano work.

Been exploring the Indie realm- some of my favorites:

El Ten Eleven

Pinback

Karate

Radiohead

CBS radio mystery theater- radio shows- www.mysteryshows.com has all 1399 shows along with thousands of others. Way more entertaining than books on tape with only one voice

@blackdog_sansa wrote:

Right now, Brad Mehldau:  Art of the Trio- vol 3.  amazing piano trio

Also: 

Fred Hersch and Bill Frisell:  Songs We Know.  Some very interesting interplay between Friselll’s unique voicings and Hersch’s masterful piano work.

Been exploring the Indie realm- some of my favorites:

El Ten Eleven

Pinback

Karate

Radiohead

Out of those, I only know Radiohead…but they are a favorite of mine.

Man, Mark Isham can be quite surprising on the horn!  Listening to All Blues on this album.  Played in the Miles Davis style.  Groovy slow muted trumpet, solid guitar and bass rolling along with him.  Tasty.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Mumford and Sons

I heard these guys play 3 years ago and have been a huge fan ever since!

Much too soon - michael jackson

Watch The Tourist Online Free

Rockbox - Unleash your hardware!

Watch The Tourist Online Free

“Dave Brubeck: In His Own Sweet Way” documentary.    An awesome talent.  And just turned 90 years old.

@mags1230 wrote:

“Dave Brubeck: In His Own Sweet Way” documentary.    An awesome talent.  And just turned 90 years old.

That’s two great entertainers in that photo! I just bought my dad a 5-disc Brubeck box set for X-mas…I may have to borrow it for an afternoon.:wink:

_ ABAKUS - That much closer to the sun _

“California Sunshine”

Way back when…when they were good…:wink:

_ Aerosmith - Get Your Wings… _

“Seasons of Wither”

Joe Satriani (back when he was good and still had hair) The Forgotten, Pt. 2

Deadmau5 - Unspecial Effects

@tapeworm wrote:

Joe Satriani (back when he was good and still had hair) The Forgotten, Pt. 2

What do you mean, back when he was good? He’s still good…the new album is excellent!:stuck_out_tongue:

@marvin_martian wrote:

What do you mean, back when he was good? He’s still good…the new album is excellent!:stuck_out_tongue:

Guess I’ll have to give it a listen but up to this point, I prefer his older stuff. Generally though, I’ve found the first (or at least early) albums put out by artists are more about the music and less about the $$. Sadly, it usually reverses at some point, probably due to the record companies insistance. :cry: