The Quest For Headphones

About a month ago, I woke up after a nap, to silence.

Protruding from my ears were two headset cables, cleanly chewed in half by one of my four little kittens.  How can I  get mad at them, they’re too cute for that, and they’ve been great entertainment chasing eachother around the house.

Well, there have been moments, of course, the household population of coffee mugs and drinking glasses has been depleting at a precipitous rate.  The wee beasties can sleuth out all manner of small spaces to explore.

Listening to the news, I’ve reverted to using the external disc-type earbuds, but with my big ears, the novelty wears thin.  I found a pair of Altec Lansing Muzx IEMs today.  These little guys are under $20, perfect while I save my pennies for something like the Ultimate Ears, those look interesting…

I HAD to let you know of the sound of these humble little guys.  Amazing!  My girls go through headsets like corn through a goose, so expensive ones (they’d be in multiples of three for them) don’t quite make sense.  The Clips are virrtually indestructible, but headsets are, well, a consumable quantity in the household.

Hey, at the price, the Muzx Mesh MZX106W is a good find indeed, if IEMs are your cup of tea.

After years working with high-end audio, a very expensive hobby, listening to a little Bob James and Earl Klugh after mowing the lawn is great.  I can’t roll the big Infinitys outside, of course.  I rode around at a leisurely pace all day (about 30 km/h, compared with my average 38 km/h) with my trusty Clip+ , working on my characteristic bicyclist’s tan.

See the diasaster that results when the shorts are rolled back?  My wife loves it.  The arms are well browned, my neck is browned, and my fingertips.  The hands are a lovely contrasting white.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

neutron_bob wrote:

After years working with high-end audio, a very expensive hobby, listening to a little Bob James and Earl Klugh after mowing the lawn is great.  I can’t roll the big Infinitys outside, of course.  I rode around at a leisurely pace all day (about 30 km/h, compared with my average 38 km/h) with my trusty Clip+ , working on my characteristic bicyclist’s tan.

See the diasaster that results when the shorts are rolled back?  My wife loves it.  The arms are well browned, my neck is browned, and my fingertips.  The hands are a lovely contrasting white.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

I always liked riding my bike, but I’m not a fan of the spandex…give the boys some room to breathe! :smiley: