Software from my computer

how do i download software from my computer to my flash drive?

I don’t know about software, but you can easily copy files to the device. Connect in MSC mode, open up 2 Windows Explorer panes (1 for the Sansa, 1 for the files on your hard drive). Drag’N’Drop. Lather, Rinse, & Repeat! :smiley:

Message Edited by Tapeworm on 07-14-2008 04:48 PM

If you actually want to download software to a flash drive, there are three methods. (1) You can run the install for your software and choose your flash drive as the destination. (2) You can install it on your computer, but then go to the area where you installed it and copy all of the files onto your flash drive. (3) You can copy the install.exe (or whatever it is called) onto your flash drive to move it to another computer and install there. Methods 1 and 2 are similar, but you need to beware of them. Some programs stick files into the registry into the computer you install the program to, so it would only be possible to run the program from that same computer (using methods 1 and 2).

But for simple files (such as MP3s or save data), just use the method Tapeworm mentioned above: open two windows and drag and drop the files to your flash drive.