Sansa Travel Charger

Hey eveybody out there in Sansa Land. I know how lame it is that you have to chek your player before you go out to see if its charged enough, to make it until you can charge it again. I saw this today and Thought I would put it out there. It is a charger for your player that is powered by batteries so you can charge where ever you are with out plugging in to something.

http://www.sfplanet.com/product/C-SANE280-BX?CAWELAID=205166936&utm\_campaign=shopping&utm\_medium=cse&utm\_source=Google&utm\_term=C-SANE280-BX

Thought it might be useful

Why not design a player that takes one AA oe AAA battery instead? Many people don’t want video on a player, and a basic alphanumeric LCD display would suffice. Some talk about thinness and small size, but how large is the size of a Fuze plus an external charger that uses 4 AA batteries? I would much rather have a player that uses one AA battery, and to carry one spare battery for it. I already have a Fuze, but would love to be able to buy a AA battery based player with the sound quality of the Fuze that has  a card slot and a basic alphanumeric LCD display that is on all the time while the player is playing.

JK98 wrote: 
Many people don’t want video on a player, and a basic alphanumeric LCD display would suffice. Some talk about thinness and small size, but how large is the size of a Fuze plus an external charger that uses 4 AA batteries?

Are you kidding me? Where have YOU been? it seems like 2 out of every 3 posts here revolve around putting videos on the Sansa (regardless of models) or more accurately, HOW to successfully put videos on these players or the many ways people have tried and it doesn’t work! There are many, many, multi-paged threads on this 1 subject alone!

This is definitely a highly-desired feature among those who buy such devices. Myself, I couldn’t care less; the screen is way too small to make it anymore than a novelty in my mind, but there are people out there ready to kill or be killed for this feature, buy or don’t buy!

The majority of people also want a small, thin player. That has nothing to do with the combined ‘bulk’ of having an external charger that may or may not use batteries. That’s different subject. You don’t have to carry around the charger in your pocket, only have it close by or accessible if you run short of juice in your player.

All the players (or the majority of them anyway) are getting smaller & thinner, instead of larger & bulkier. It’s what people (again, the majority) want.

You have every right to your opinion, but if you’ve noticed (and whether you like it or not), you are in the minority (at least here on the forum) in what you deem the ‘perfect’ player. Manufacturer’s build what they determine will sell the best, not what would even re-coup design costs, let alone manufacturing, marketing, distribution, support, etc. costs. If it ain’t gonna mak’em money, they ain’t gonna do it. Plain & simple.

Here’s an idea for you though. Why don’t you just put this in your sig. Look at all the time you would save in re-typing it all the time. :stuck_out_tongue:

Imo Sandisk should also make a model that is a between the size  of the Clip and Fuze but that runs on one AAA battery, has a card slot, no video, a basic small low power alphanumeric screen that is on all the time the player is on(LCD?), a clip on the back, and no USC connectivity.

JK98 wrote: 
Many people don’t want video on a player, and a basic alphanumeric LCD display would suffice. Some talk about thinness and small size, but how large is the size of a Fuze plus an external charger that uses 4 AA batteries?

Are you kidding me? Where have YOU been? it seems like 2 out of every 3 posts here revolve around putting videos on the Sansa (regardless of models) or more accurately, HOW to successfully put videos on these players or the many ways people have tried and it doesn’t work! There are many, many, multi-paged threads on this 1 subject alone!

This is definitely a highly-desired feature among those who buy such devices. Myself, I couldn’t care less; the screen is way too small to make it anymore than a novelty in my mind, but there are people out there ready to kill or be killed for this feature, buy or don’t buy!

The majority of people also want a small, thin player. That has nothing to do with the combined ‘bulk’ of having an external charger that may or may not use batteries. That’s a completely different subject. You don’t have to carry around the charger in your pocket, only have it close by or accessible if you run short of juice in your player.

All the players (or the majority of them anyway) are getting smaller & thinner, instead of larger & bulkier. It’s what people (again, the majority) want.

You have every right to your opinion, but if you’ve noticed (and whether you like it or not), you are in the minority (at least here on the forum) in what you deem the ‘perfect’ player. Manufacturer’s build what they determine will sell the best, not what would even re-coup design costs, let alone manufacturing, marketing, distribution, support, etc. costs. If it ain’t gonna mak’em money, they ain’t gonna do it. Plain & simple.

Here’s an idea for you though. Why don’t you just put this in your sig. Look at all the time you would save in re-typing it all the time. :stuck_out_tongue:

Imo Sandisk should also make a model that is a between the size  of the Clip and Fuze but that runs on one AAA battery, has a card slot, no video, a basic small low power alphanumeric screen that is on all the time the player is on(LCD?), a clip on the back, and no USC connectivity.

"All the players (or the majority of them anyway) are getting smaller & thinner, instead of larger & bulkier. It’s what people (again, the majority) want. "

Thinner isn’t necessarily smaller in volume. My old AAA battery based mp3 player is 50% thicker than my Fuze, yet it is slightly smaller in overall size(volume). Not everyone wants the same thing in a player, and some people might want to have at least two very different players to suit different needs. I am not saying that Sandisk should stop making the Fuze and Clip, only that an inexpensive  AA or AAA battery based player with a basic alphanumeric display(LCD?) and card slot is something that might sell quite well, even to many of those who already have a Fuze or Clip.

Hey hey hey… I just thought it was a cool product that most people may not see. I did not mean to spark of a debate on the pros and cons of battery usage in MP3 players. Both seem so passionate on their side of the issue but what do you think of the product in the OP?

Worthwhile and useful. Good price too. There have been other threads on these same devices discussed as alternatives to charging when away from electricity, like when back-packing or camping, or even when traveling to different countries wher you encounter different voltages & plugs.

Here’s even one that’s solar-powered at DealExtreme. :smiley:

Have you used one of these? If someone has a Fuze with a depleted battery, what percentage of a full charge could you get using 4 AA alkaline batteries? How about using 4 AA 2900 mah nimh batteries? The Duracell mobile charger charges AA or AAA nimg batteries via AC, or charges USB devices via AC. It will also charge USB devices via 4 precharged AA or AAA nimh batteries. There is also a version of this with a car adapter to charge USB items or AA or AAA nimh batteries via the car. This has plenty of versatility. I don’t know about the size or weight of this though.

@jk98 wrote:
Have you used one of these? If someone has a Fuze with a depleted battery, what percentage of a full charge could you get using 4 AA alkaline batteries? How about using 4 AA 2900 mah nimh batteries? The Duracell mobile charger charges AA or AAA nimg batteries via AC, or charges USB devices via AC. It will also charge USB devices via 4 precharged AA or AAA nimh batteries. There is also a version of this with a car adapter to charge USB items or AA or AAA nimh batteries via the car. This has plenty of versatility. I don’t know about the size or weight of this though.

It says the whole thing can be recharged. I kinda doubt that. Anylittle bit would be a valuable boost just to get it thru.

@jk98 wrote:
Why not design a player that takes one AA oe AAA battery instead? Many people don’t want video on a player, and a basic alphanumeric LCD display would suffice. Some talk about thinness and small size, but how large is the size of a Fuze plus an external charger that uses 4 AA batteries? I would much rather have a player that uses one AA battery, and to carry one spare battery for it. I already have a Fuze, but would love to be able to buy a AA battery based player with the sound quality of the Fuze that has  a card slot and a basic alphanumeric LCD display that is on all the time while the player is playing.

I’m a little late to the party, but do you mean like this??-

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Sansa-m250-Player-Black/dp/B000BP8AY2/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1232501384&sr=8-1

Just missing the microSD slot…

JK Just wants a fuze with a AAA battery. It makes sense for him. I for one Couldnt stand that kind of size.

"I’m a little late to the party, but do you mean like this??-

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Sansa-m250-Player-Black/dp/B000BP8AY2/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1232501384&sr=8-1

Just missing the microSD slot… "

I want better sound quality than the m250. I also want navigation by folders. Perhaps also a larger display.

Perhaps something around the size of the Slotmusic player.

I think those chargers are good for campaign, etc.  I saw something similar I showed my cowroker with an ipod, must have been an ipod only device:stuck_out_tongue: .  Her and her husband go campaign a lot and I thought it might be a good idea.

I also dont’ want a player that takes batteries.  I just don’t want to carry around extra batteries or remember to charge the ones I 've used and remember the ones I haven’t charged and forget to change batteries  or forget to bring replaceables with me (trust me any of this could happen).  I love the fact that my Fuze plugs in to a usb to charge in the wall or computer or car.  Easy simple and accessible for me.

That’s why I got a digital camera, got tired of the battery issue.  Now I just recharge the batter in it.

I can understand someone wanting a player with batteries, but there are some who don’t.  I wouldn’t have bought a fuze if it did take batteries.  Others buy players that suit their needs too.

“I also dont’ want a player that takes batteries. I just don’t want to carry around extra batteries” 

Carrying extra batteries is optional. If a player gets 19 hours on one AAA(that is the battery life of the m250), then one has the option of carrying an extra battery or two, but isn’t required to. One could use rechargeable nimh AAA batteries and charge up to 4 at a time. Compare that to the inflexibility of players lifke the Fuze or the Clip with a buit in battery. For longer run time, a player could be buit around a AA battery, which holds two and a half times the power of a AAA, so a AA based player might have around 47 hour run time before the battery needs to be changed. In terms of size, a AA based player might be as thick or just slightly thicker than the Slotmusic Player, and perhaps a bit wider to accomodate an alphanumeric LCD display.