Rhapsody

When I buy a song from Rhapsody can it  only be saved to my sansa fuze? Or can I burn it to a CD or save it on my computer?

As long as you’ve bought it, it’s yours to do with what you want. You just have to make sure though, that it has been converted to .mp3 format. Rhapsody’s proprietary format is .rax (I believe) and contain the DRM-encryption that prevents it from being used and moved freely.

Not having Rhapsody I can’t say whether ‘buying’ it stimulates Rhapsody to convert the formats itself, or whether you must do this manually. You’ll probably find these answers in the Rhapsody FAQ or forums (if any exist). :smiley:

:smiley:As long as you’ve bought it, it’s yours to do with what you want. You just have to make sure though, that it has been converted to .mp3 format. Rhapsody’s proprietary format is .rax (I believe) and contain the DRM-encryption that prevents it from being used and moved freely.

Not having Rhapsody I can’t say whether ‘buying’ it stimulates Rhapsody to convert the formats itself, or whether you must do this manually. You’ll probably find these answers in the Rhapsody FAQ or forums (if any exist). Or check here in the Rhapsody board.

As long as you’ve bought it, it’s yours to do with what you want. You just have to make sure though, that it has been converted to .mp3 format. Rhapsody’s proprietary format is .rax (I believe) and contain the DRM-encryption that prevents it from being used and moved freely.

Not having Rhapsody I can’t say whether ‘buying’ it stimulates Rhapsody to convert the formats itself, or whether you must do this manually. You’ll probably find these answers in the Rhapsody FAQ or forums (if any exist). Or check here in the Rhapsody board. :smiley:

RealNetworks has changed the available download options with Rhapsody.  Purchases aren’t the same fodder crippled with DRM.  They are yours to keep, to use without restrictions, to burn to CD without worrying about the transfer count.  If you damage that CD in the car, or it gets stepped on, no worries!

In the Rhapsody 4 client, you can set your download preferences.  Currently, Rhapsody sends you a 256KBPS MP3 format file.  No DRM.  How cool is that!

Rhapsody also has a standalone version for purchases only, a download manager client for MP3s.

The rhapsody 4 client is useful to manage your music files, no subscription required.  It also transfers video to the Fuze.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy: