Reply
SanDisk Fanatic
Posts: 265
Registered: ‎12-06-2008

Price of sansa e250

I HATE radioshak. i went to their website and they said my sansa e250 is worth $1.87. Dumb weirdos
SanDisk Guru
Posts: 5,822
Registered: ‎12-26-2007

Re: Price of sansa e250

[ Edited ]

Radio Shack is an interesting company.  That they will offer less than $2 for a Sanas is a part of their roots.  They started many years ago selling surplus electronic components, under the Tandy umbrella.

 

Ask any old Ham radio operator, working with tubes and amateur equipment running back to the 1960s.

 

I learned about the crazy markup of bulk industrial electronic components as a "youngster".  A strip of resistors sold for 29 cents years ago, five of 'em.  Radio shack even left the zip strips on them from the insertion machine.

 

I used to browse the shelves, reading electronics magazines, finding a new device that I could build a better radio with.

 

Happy times.

 

Today, they still have the parts section, albeit wee bins, and I hope that continues amidst the barrage of cell phone accessories and absurdly priced audio cables.

 

I wish they would pay their people better, giving them incentives for their electronics abilities, rather than how many cell phone plans they sell.  Today, it's all about the core business, back to basics.  Hopefully, they'll do that.

 

Bob  Smiley Very Happy

Message Edited by neutron_bob on 03-16-2009 01:54 PM
SanDisk Fanatic
Posts: 253
Registered: ‎02-25-2009

Re: Price of sansa e250

Radio Shack can be a Godsend from time to time, but for any serious project I intend to undertake that isn't a 'has to be done today', I'll order from an online source, or we have Scott Electronics here in town.
DAPs: Fuze 8GB+16GB for office, Meizu miniPlayer 4GB for the car, Clip 8GB for walking around.
Headphones:: Sleek Audio SA-6 (treble ++), Koss KSC75 modded, Grado SR-80i, Grado-225.
SanDisk Guru
Posts: 3,676
Registered: ‎12-04-2008

Re: Price of sansa e250

I rely on radio shack solely for AV cables and some of your none traditional stuff, For Audio hook up. Other than that its a waste of space.

Conversion Box
Did you notice this forum has a search function? Its not impossible to figure that someone else asked your question before you did, and we have answered it(probably multiple times). Check it out! Or Check out the Knowledge Base

SanDisk Fanatic
Posts: 265
Registered: ‎12-06-2008

Re: Price of sansa e250

There used to be radioshack here in canada but then circuit city bought it and then when circuit city filed for bankruptcy, bell (a communications company) bought it.
SanDisk Guru
Posts: 16,301
Registered: ‎04-17-2008

Re: Price of sansa e250


neutron_bob wrote:

Radio Shack is an interesting company.  That they will offer less than $2 for a Sanas is a part of their roots.  They started many years ago selling surplus electronic components, under the Tandy umbrella.

 


Remember Tandy was a mail-order leather company when it acquired, or started up Radio Shack? We used to get a catalog where you could buy anything from a DIY key fob, wallet or cigarette case up to archery quivers and full-blown saddle kits. That's right, as in horses!

 

It's always irritated me whenever I bought something at RS how they always 'needed' your address, so they could 'spam' you with their catalogs & ads. That's how we started getting the Tandy Leather catalogs (cross-marketing). RS did have some interesting radio kits & projects though, perfect for learning about electronics. And the people who used to work there knew their stuff, too.

 

Sadly, not any more. Smiley Mad

SanDisk Guru
Posts: 16,301
Registered: ‎04-17-2008

Re: Price of sansa e250


@NissanSkyline wrote:
I HATE radioshak. i went to their website and they said my sansa e250 is worth $1.87. Dumb weirdos

 

I found this some time ago and started this thread about the same thing.

 

I had to laugh. I wonder how many takers they get?

SanDisk Guru
Posts: 1,581
Registered: ‎11-26-2008

Re: Price of sansa e250


@Tapeworm wrote:

@neutron_bob wrote:

Radio Shack is an interesting company.  That they will offer less than $2 for a Sanas is a part of their roots.  They started many years ago selling surplus electronic components, under the Tandy umbrella.

 


Remember Tandy was a mail-order leather company when it acquired, or started up Radio Shack? We used to get a catalog where you could buy anything from a DIY key fob, wallet or cigarette case up to archery quivers and full-blown saddle kits. That's right, as in horses!

 

It's always irritated me whenever I bought something at RS how they always 'needed' your address, so they could 'spam' you with their catalogs & ads. That's how we started getting the Tandy Leather catalogs (cross-marketing). RS did have some interesting radio kits & projects though, perfect for learning about electronics. And the people who used to work there knew their stuff, too.

 

Sadly, not any more. Smiley Mad


OK, I'm going to show my age here.  Didn't Tandy purchase another company to get the electronic gear?  I was thinking it was "Archer" or somehthing like that.  Then they were only electronics.  I remember my Dad complaining that the company would go down the tubes as soon as Tandy purchased it....

 

I know a fair share about Radio Shack; I worked there for awhile.  I'm surprised they haven't folded.  My local stores don't even have the cool parts bins anymore.  All they want to do is sell you a cell phone...

"Before I sink into the big sleep...I want to hear the scream of the Butterfly"
SanDisk Guru
Posts: 16,301
Registered: ‎04-17-2008

Re: Price of sansa e250

Or cell you a sell phone. Smiley Tongue