Price of sansa e250

I HATE radioshak. i went to their website and they said my sansa e250 is worth $1.87. Dumb weirdos

Radio Shack is an interesting company.Ā  That they will offer less than $2 for a Sanas is a part of their roots.Ā  They started many years ago selling surplus electronic components, under the Tandy umbrella.

Ask any old Ham radio operator, working with tubes and amateur equipment running back to the 1960s.

I learned about the crazy markup of bulk industrial electronic components as a ā€œyoungsterā€.Ā  A strip of resistors sold for 29 cents years ago, five of 'em.Ā  Radio shack even left the zip strips on them from the insertion machine.

I used to browse the shelves, reading electronics magazines, finding a new device that I could build a better radio with.

Happy times.

Today, they still have the parts section, albeit wee bins, and I hope that continues amidst the barrage of cell phone accessories and absurdly priced audio cables.

I wish they would pay their people better, giving them incentives for their electronics abilities, rather than how many cell phone plans they sell.Ā  Today, itā€™s all about the core business, back to basics.Ā  Hopefully, theyā€™ll do that.

BobĀ  :smileyvery-happy:

Message Edited by neutron_bob on 03-16-2009 01:54 PM

Radio Shack can be a Godsend from time to time, but for any serious project I intend to undertake that isnā€™t a ā€˜has to be done todayā€™, Iā€™ll order from an online source, or we have Scott Electronics here in town.

I rely on radio shack solely for AV cables and some of your none traditional stuff, For Audio hook up. Other than that its a waste of space.

There used to be radioshack here in canada but then circuit city bought it and then when circuit city filed for bankruptcy, bell (a communications company) bought it.

neutron_bob wrote:

Radio Shack is an interesting company.  That they will offer less than $2 for a Sanas is a part of their roots.  They started many years ago selling surplus electronic components, under the Tandy umbrella.

Remember Tandy was a mail-order leather company when it acquired, or started up Radio Shack? We used to get a catalog where you could buy anything from a DIY key fob, wallet or cigarette case up to archery quivers and full-blown saddle kits. Thatā€™s right, as in horses!

Itā€™s always irritated me whenever I bought something at RS how they always ā€˜neededā€™ your address, so they could ā€˜spamā€™ you with their catalogs & ads. Thatā€™s how we started getting the Tandy Leather catalogs (cross-marketing). RS did have some interesting radio kits & projects though, perfect for learning about electronics. And the people who used to work there knew their stuff, too.

Sadly, not any more. :angry:

@nissanskyline wrote:
I HATE radioshak. i went to their website and they said my sansa e250 is worth $1.87. Dumb weirdos

I found this some time ago and started this thread about the same thing.

I had to laugh. I wonder how many takers they get?

@tapeworm wrote:

@neutron_bob wrote:

Radio Shack is an interesting company.  That they will offer less than $2 for a Sanas is a part of their roots.  They started many years ago selling surplus electronic components, under the Tandy umbrella.

Remember Tandy was a mail-order leather company when it acquired, or started up Radio Shack? We used to get a catalog where you could buy anything from a DIY key fob, wallet or cigarette case up to archery quivers and full-blown saddle kits. Thatā€™s right, as in horses!

Itā€™s always irritated me whenever I bought something at RS how they always ā€˜neededā€™ your address, so they could ā€˜spamā€™ you with their catalogs & ads. Thatā€™s how we started getting the Tandy Leather catalogs (cross-marketing). RS did have some interesting radio kits & projects though, perfect for learning about electronics. And the people who used to work there knew their stuff, too.

Sadly, not any more. :angry:

OK, Iā€™m going to show my age here.  Didnā€™t Tandy purchase another company to get the electronic gear?  I was thinking it was ā€œArcherā€ or somehthing like that.  Then they were only electronics.  I remember my Dad complaining that the company would go down the tubes as soon as Tandy purchased itā€¦

I know a fair share about Radio Shack; I worked there for awhile.  Iā€™m surprised they havenā€™t folded.  My local stores donā€™t even have the cool parts bins anymore.  All they want to do is sell you a cell phoneā€¦

Or cell you a sell phone. :stuck_out_tongue: